"That's what she said." JJ shrugs before chuckling. "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope tells him.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah pipes up.

"That's 'cause you're rich." JJ says.

"You've never heard of it either." Kie points out.

"Thank you." Sarah looks over her shoulder at Kiara.

Kie looks out the window of the van, watching the landscape that goes by. "There's nothing but weeds back here."

"All right,  just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ's comment is cut short when a siren goes off behind us. We all turn around, looking at the cop car.

"Cops? Out here?" Kie questions, confused.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ yells dramatically.

"What did we do?" Sarah asks, frustrated.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" John B adds, looking over his shoulder.

"Chill, guys." Kie tells the group.

"I hate the cops." JJ voices.

"Of course you do, JJ." I say to the boy.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B asks him.

"No, okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place."

"Thank god." Kie breathes. "Please, just everything in your bag."

"I am! I am! All right?" Pope rushes to help JJ shive everything into his backpack.

"How much weed do you have on you, bro?"

"He's walking up." Pope announces, watching the cop.

"Oh crap. JJ, hurry up." I say urging the boy to move faster.

We all freeze in place at the sound of a gun cocking. My eyes grow wide at the noise. My heart felt like it was gonna beat out of my chest in that moment.

"Why don't I go ahead and see those hands in the air?" The man with the gun asks. He points directly at John B through the window. "All y'all's hands up right now!" I put my hands in the air, terrified. "You, out of the car, right now!" The man says to John B.

John B opens the door, slowly climbing out of the drivers seat. His hands still raised in the air.

"Out of the car, let's go. Hurry. Let them out!" He points at the rest of us in the back of the car. John B slowly makes his way to the back door. "What are you waiting on? Let them out!"

The guy continues to yell at John B as he opens our door. John B keeps his hands in the air the whole time. Sarah climbs out of the car first. She's followed by Kie, Pope, then JJ. I climb out of the car last, my hands still in the air.

"You?" The guy looks directly at me. "You're Rafe's girl, huh? I know who you are."

As soon as those words left his mouth I knew exactly who he was. My eyes grow wide in fear. He reaches for me, gripping my bicep, tight. I wince at the slight pain that raises in my arm.

"We're broke." JJ says.

"Shut the hell up! Shut the hell up! I'll blow your damn head off! Lay down in the ditch!" Barry steps forward, dragging me with him. "On your goddamn hands and knees! Put your face on the ground."

The Pogues hey down on the ground, listening to Barry. Fear courses through me, still being in the grasp of the man who had threatened me just days earlier.

"All right, pretty girl," Barry turns to me. "Show me where this gold is." He demands, pointing the gun at me.

"Okay, okay. Relax, I'll do it." I get into the car and pull out the gold from JJ's backpack. I hand it to Barry, putting my hands back in the air.

"Where's your boy, huh?" Barry asks me.

"I don't know." I say honestly.

"You don't know?" He taunts.

"No, Barry. Okay? I don't know where Rafe is." My voice comes shaky.

He grabs my arm and pulls me toward his car. "Get in." He demands.

"No." I shake my head.

"Get in the damn car!" He yells at me.

I listen and climb into the passenger seat next to him. My heart is pounding out of my chest. I notice a figure reach out and attack Barry from behind. John B appears in front of me.

"Go, Mila!" He yells.

I open the passenger door and run away from the car. I run into Pope's open arms, allowing him to comfort me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

A fight breaks out between the Pogues and the drug dealer. Pope holds me back, away from more danger. Barry presses forward, his hand catching me in the face. I feel the skin on my cheek split open from the contact.

JJ tackles the guy, pulling him away. Pope grabs my hand and pulls me back into the van.