The Device

-Midoriya PoV-

I went to Mei Hatsume making sure I wasn't followed and showed her the weird item. "I'll go study it after you help me out with one of my babies!" She said excitedly. I sighed knowing this was gonna be a lot of pain. A while later and she was finally done testing things. She went over to the object and started looking at it. Typing on the computer and looking back. Typing and looking. Typing and looking.

Finally she found an answer. "It seemed like a device used for storing quirk DNA. It looks as if it has some left over. Would you like me to see what type of quirk it was?" "Yes please!" I said. "Ok but you have to do something for me." I knew what that meant. "If I remember correctly I do have a few babies left to try out." Another while of back breaking tests later and she finally put the device in the lab. "You should have results within 24 hours." "Thanks Hatsume." I said. I went back to the dorms to get some rest.

I got to my dorm to see a strange figure in the shadows. I tried turning on the light but it wouldn't work. "Don't bother. I took out the bulb. Also you should try locking your window. You're making this way too easy." I recognize the voice. Shigaraki got in my room. I charged up One for All and lunged at him. He caught my arms with four fingers. I stopped.

"What do you want." "Just a friendly little conversation. Like at the mall." I remembered back to what happened there and shivered slightly. "It will actually be your little girlfriend in harm's way if you don't hold up your end of the bargain next time. You got that?" I froze. Wait did he just call her my... My mind went blank.

After I processed what he said I blushed intensely. My arms somehow escaped his grasp and they started flailing. "WAIT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ITS NOT LIKE THAT WE'RE JUST FRIENDS I MEAN I WOULDN'T MIND IF SHE WAS BUT WE'RE JUST FRIEN" "SHUT UP!" That was enough to snap me out of it. I remembered the situation and saw him climbing out the window. "Next time they won't be those weak ass clones." And with that final note, he was gone.

-Todoroki PoV-

I heard loud voice coming from Midoriya's room. It sounded like "ITS NOT LIKE THAT" and "WE'RE JUST FRIENDS." I went to check it out and saw a small glimpse of unwashed white hair. Shit! I'm late again! "Oh hey Todoroki perfect timing can you help me screw the bulb back in?" The League of Villains didn't take him this time. I sighed in relief and helped him.

-Midoriya PoV-

This morning I woke up with someone on my floor. I turned on the light and saw Todoroki sleeping. I turned the light off and put him on the couch that I somehow had for relevance reasons. Later that morning I decided to ask why he was in there. "I was in there for backup. They somehow keep getting in your room so I decided you needed extra protection." That made a lot of sense. "Thanks Todoroki. Though you shouldn't have to do it alone."