~Chapter Six~

-No POV-

It was the next day, L and Y/n had just finished watching the last tape as the other detectives walked into the room. "So, what was on them?" Chief Yagami asked as he approached the two insomniacs. L looked over to him and said "very interesting videos" Y/n giggled a little, less than how much she used to. She is slowly getting closer to all the detectives, causing her more sane side to show more.

"The instructions were to broadcast video 3 of the police said 'yes' to working with Kira, and of the answer was 'no', to show 4" Y/n said, L nodded a little and said "Video 3 details the conditions for cooperation, basically, they were to show more criminals on the news, and particularly to report crimes in which people were injured or cruelty was show towards the weak, even if those crimes where minor. And Kira would be the one to decide who should be punished and as proof that the police are sincere about working together with him.." L looked back to the TV screen, Y/n tensed up as she spoke "to have top NPA officials and L to appear on TV to make the announcement." Y/n spoke softly, L nodded again and placed a hand onto her shoulder. She looked over at him and he gave her a small reassuring smile. "In other words, to make the top brass and me show our faces, so that if the police start acting suspiciously, he can kill us off" L spoke again as he just watched the blank TV screen.

"I'm almost sure that Kira knew very well the police would never say 'yes' when he decided to take this step. Anybody could guess that the police would respond exactly as they did yesterday" Y/n spoke, L nodded a little at this and Chief Yagami asked "so what about the 'no' video, number 4..?" he asked and L spoke in a monotone voice "basically, it's the same thing. Just expressed in a different manner."

"It'll be much faster to just watch it than to explain it in words." Y/n spoke as she grabbed the remote, rewinding the video back. "Yagami. Obviously the police are going to say 'no'.. So please go ahead and give Sakura TV permission to air this video." L spoke as Y/n rewind the video.

~Time Skip~

It was now night time again, all the detectives had gone home and it was now just L and Y/n. it took Y/n about 30 minutes alone with L to get back to her sane mind. L walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her smaller body. Y/n smiled a little and wrapped her arms around his slim frame. They both just stood like this for a while, enjoying each others presence.

After a while L pulled away and turned on Sugar Rush, they both sat on a couch and started watching, then L spoke up. "Love, I have a question" he said as he looked down to the h/c haired girl. "Yeah?" she looked up at him as she spoke, L smiled a little and asked "sometimes you jump in and out of sanity, do you know why that is?" he asked, Y/n nodded a little and paused the show and started to explain. "I do know why. It's because I'm getting closer with the task force. The closer I am with someone the less my brain puts up that wall. I even know why I go into that insane state. It's because my brain doesn't want me to get close with anyone, it wants to protect me so it keeps people away." she explained. L nodded a little in understanding and then asked "so sooner or later you will be completely sane with the task force?" he asked and Y/n nodded with a smile, he smirked a little and leaned down to place a soft kiss onto her nose.

Y/n scrunched her nose up and backed away a little, rubbing it a little as she said "ah, no don't do that." L chuckled a little and said "your too cute Love" Y/n blushed a little and let out a soft thank you. She then cuddled up to L's chest and sighed.

"Do you think if i work hard enough i can lose my Insanity?" she asked the blacked haired man and he smiled a little, "i think if we try hard enough we might be able to." he spoke softly, Y/n smiled a little and snuggled closer into him. They both stayed up and watched Sugar Rush for the rest of the night.