~Chapter One~

-No POV-

"Ryuuuuuu" a voice called out, a young woman with h/l h/c hair was laying on a white bed in the corner of a white room. She was sprawled out with one arm hanging off the side of the bed. She had a small red ball she was throwing up into the air and effortlessly catching again along with a small stuffed penguin under her arm. She had just pulled a lollipop stick out of her mouth.

"Ryuuuuu, I need more lollipops!" She whined, giggling a little as she did. She knew he could hear her. Ryunio is his full name, he is y/n's main guard. He rolled his eyes and ordered another guard to go get more of the hard candy y/n loves so much. It was the only way to keep her from acting out.

Ryunio opened the large door and placed a new bowl of candy in the room. Y/n looked like a mess. Her hair was messy, large bags where under her eyes clashing/blending in with her  s/c skin. She was wearing a white T-shirt, it was a little to big for her, and white pants. Her e/c eyes looked happy, yet exhausted. She ran over and grabbed a candy from the bowl, unwrapping it before she placed it into her mouth.

Outside the building a black limousine has just pulled up to the JICI. A tall pale man stepped out, he had black messy hair and bags under his eyes that rivaled y/n's. He wore jeans and a long sleeve white shirt. He hunched over as he walked up the stairs with an older man following close behind.

They made their way to the front desk and the black haired man said "we are here to see L/n Y/n. You received a call earlier informing you of our request." He spoke in a monotone voice, the receptionist nodded her head and picked up a phone "Ryunio, please come to the main desk." She spoke and the two men waited. Soon enough a man walked into the room. He was wearing a white uniform with a gun in his hands. He looked to the visitors and nodded for them to follow him.

As they where walking Ryunio spoke "why her? You know what she's done" He asked and the black haired man nodded his head a little, "Yes I am aware. But I think she will be useful to the investigation." He spoke, still monotone. Ryunio nodded a little and led the men into another room it was dark and had a large one way window. It had a microphone in a desk with some chairs. They could hear some soft singing as they entered the room. The black haired male asked to speak with the insane inmate with only the older man. He also asked that only they could hear her and only she could hear them. Of course the guards said yes to the man.

The pale male then walked over to the chair and sat in it, pulling his legs up so they are flush to his chest. Y/n stopped singing and looked over to the window, she wasn't supposed to know it was there but she always knew when someone was in that mysterious room. She smirked and looked back to the red ball she was playing with and started singing again.

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When times are gray
You'll never know Dear
How much I love you
Please done take
My sunshine away"

She sang as she held her penguin and waited for someone to speak. Once she was done she looked over to the window again, wondering why no one had spoken yet. "Hellooo?" She called out as she giggled a little.

The black haired man then pressed the button and started speaking, "hello L/n." He said and the girl in the room giggled insanely. "I know who you are" she said creepily, looking straight at the man. He shook his head and spoke again. "L/n I would like to give you an opportunity." He said, the girl looked at the window curiously and nodded a little telling him to continue as she played with the little red ball. "I would like to recruit you into the Kira Investigative task force." He spoke, y/n started laughing after he said that. After a while her laughter died down into soft giggles, "and why would I want to do that. I'm still going to be stuck here" she spoke as she threw her ball at the wall and caught it once again.

"L/n, I can get you out of this place. All you need to do is help us." The man spoke. Y/n froze and lifted her head up to look at the man again. "When can I get out?" She asked as she put a lollipop into her mouth. "Immediately" the monotone man responded. Y/n smiled insanely and laughed "I'll join your little task force" she said before she smirked and looked at the man.

"L Lawliet"

~
866 words