~Chapter Five~

(A/N: get ready for a HUGE chapter!)

-No POV-

It had been a few days after Y/n talked with Light on the roof, she walked into the hotel room and right over to L, she had grown strangely attached to him in the time she had been with the task force due to the nightly routine of her coming over and watching Sugar Rush with him.

"Hello Y/n, is there something you need?" he asked and Y/n just shook her head no, she reached into her pocket to grab a lollipop but felt nothing. She then felt in her other pocket and felt nothing again, she then looked to L and said "actually I need more lollipops" L nodded a little and asked Watari to get some more for her.

Almost as soon as he said that Watari showed up with a bowl of Lollipops. Y/n smiled and took one, opening it up and placing it into her mouth with a happy look. L saw this look and smiled a little. Her eyes were closed and there was a small smile dancing across her lips. Her eyebrows were up in bliss. (basically if you know the Disastrous life of Saiki K, you look like Saiki when he's eating Coffee Jelly)

L smiled a little at her look as he turned back to his computer. Light was in his room, thinking about Y/n with a scowl on his face. Ever since their conversation he had been trying to figure out who, no what she was. He had done lots of searching.

What he knows is that she can see Ryuk and that Ryuk loves her though he has no clue why, she cant die due to the death note, somehow she knew how to spell his name even though she has no way of knowing, and she's obsessed with apples. Just like Ryuk.

He hasn't figured out what any of it means yet. But he's set on finding it out.

Back with L, all the men were sitting like they usually did before they started working, going over information. Y/n was sitting on another couch away from them.

Just then, Watari came into the room and said, "Ryuzaki!" L looked over to him and said "What is it?" Watari grabbed the remote and spoke as he turned on the TV "Sakura TV quick.. You have to see this!" They all watched the TV and saw a man talking.

"In other words, we are being held hostage by Kira and have no choice but to air these videos. At the same time, we feel that doing so is our professional duty. I would like to emphasize once again these tapes are not being broadcast as a hoax or for purposes of sensationalism"

Everyone in the room looked shocked, even Y/n. "held hostage by Kira?" one of the men asked, and another said "whats going on here?" the reporter continued:

"Four days ago, an envelope containing four videotapes arrived at this station. Addressed to one of our directors it was, without a shadow of a doubt, sent by Kira. The first tape announced the time and date of death for Seiichi and Seiji Machiba, who were arrested the other day. Exactly as predicted, these two men died yesterday at seven P.M of heart attacks. Who besides Kira is capable of carrying out something like this? From this fact, we have concluded that the sender of these videos was none other than Kira"

L was intently watching the screen as Y/n got up and moved to behind L, wrapping her arms softly around his neck and placing her head next to his, as she usually did. L smiled a little at this as he continued to listen.

"The envelope we received contained introductions from Kira, telling us to air this, the second video, at exactly 5:59 P.M, today, we have not viewed this video ourselves, but Kira's instructions state that it foretells yet another death- and contains a message to people all over the world"

The men in the room kept looking at the TV, "this had got to be another one of their fake stories right...?" Ukita said and Matsuda spoke up as well "No way... not even Sakura would go this far" then the reporter continued