16| Box Coffee with Cafe Mami

3rd Person P.O.V.

'Yes, the weekend. My favorite days of the week, where I don't have to deal with other human beings. However, trying out that new cafe doesn't count.'

Which is exactly why (Y/N) was in the process of buying a drink from the new cafe using money she had saved from the Okinawa trip. She had heard of the new cafe called, "Box Coffee" and was curious to see if they actually put coffee in a box. She was slightly disappointed when she didn't see the box option, so she chose a small cup size.

The coffee wasn't that bad either. It tasted really good, kind of reminding her of Christmas and making her want to drink the coffee with a good old Coffee Jelly. That was when she realized, 'There's a cafe right across the street?!'

And gathering up all the yen she had, walked into the seemingly empty cafe. Upon entering, however, she was about to turn around to leave, thinking they must have forgotten to turn the OPEN sign to CLOSED, but stopped when she saw Mera approaching her.

"Mera? Oooh, is this the place you said you worked at?'' (Y/N)'s eyes slightly widened in realization, and was glad that it was Mera who worked here, and not anybody else.

Mera greeted her with a chubby smile and nodded her head in "yes".

Then, (Y/N) 's gaze shifted to a small blop of pink sticking out from one of the bench seats, and an elderly man who Mera explained was the manager.

After being seated, next to Saiki might I add, (Y/N) gave a small wave towards Saiki, and was about to grab her cup to take a sip, when the manager finally noticed it had the name of the new cafe that was stealing all their costumers.

The elder man's face scrunched in disgust, and his hand reflexively moved to slap the cup away from her hand, when (Y/N)'s quick reflexes kicked in and made her move her cup out of the way, glaring at the man for trying to drop her drink.

''You went to that new place didn't you?!" He slammed his hand on the table and pointed an accusing finger at the innocent female.

'Excuse me, is that any way to treat a costumer?! I don't even know you for you to start yelling at me!'

(Y/N)'s eye twitched but she gave a quick sigh to prevent herself from yelling back, and calmly placed her cup back down, a safe distance to where the manager couldn't touch it, before speaking in a low voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know outside food wasn't allowed in here. I'll leave." She stood up and started walking towards the exit, her back facing them, before Mera nodded her head in "No!" towards her manager, signaling that he shouldn't be scaring away the costumers when they were about to go bankrupt.

The manager quickly realized this and immediately changed his angry expression to an apologetic one.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." He placed a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder when she turned around at his words and offered an apology to her. 

His face lit up as an idea popped into his head, and he spoke, "How about a free coffee jelly as an apology for my rude behavior?" He then offered her a seat across Saiki, as Saiki took a sip of his coffee.

The glare on (Y/N)'s face faltered as she seemed tempted by the offer. She opened her mouth, hesitated, and in a soft voice, said, "I guess I'll take you up on that offer." and moved back to sit across Saiki. As she put her small purse down, she felt slightly embarrassed by the commotion they had caused, even though there was no one there.

Saiki, on the other hand, was amazed that she was offered a FREE coffee jelly.

'Are these the powers of average people? Is this what you're blessed with if you're born average?? No, it was because of manager.'