~ 11 ~

21:46

October 2nd, Friday

..。o○ Oreo ○o。..

"Please accept her feelings."

You can imagine how I feel when the girl I've started to develop a crush on tells me that my middle school crush likes me. 

Maybe you don't. That's not something that happens very often, is it?

Of course I was torn. I really did like her. Watermelon. She was the first girl I had ever had a serious crush on. Being young and stupid, I risked... so much. To try and be close to her. To try and impress her. 

I'd only just managed to get rid of my crush on her because I thought I didn't have a chance.

And Pudding Cup came into my life. Something about her felt so familiar. I was drawn to her, like moths to a flame.

I started slowly developing a tiny crush on her as time passed.

And I get this bomb dropped on me. Watermelon has a crush on me

I walk a little faster.

So many thoughts were swirling around in my head, but one thing was clear. 

Pudding Cup doesn't have a crush on me. She's not romantically interested in me at all. Why else would she wing man for Watermelon?

I stop right in front of the gym doors.

I... might as well, right? I used to like her so much. I only stopped crushing on her because I thought she was out of my league.

Breathing in and making up my mind, I push the heavy metal doors open.

13:17

October 28th, Wednesday

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Pudding Cup ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

"Hey guys!" A familiar voice rings out. I look up from my lunch to see the source of the voice, and find Watermelon running toward us, waving aggressively.

"Lunch literally ends in less than 15 minutes? What happened?" Orange asks her, from his seat on the edge of the table.

"Yeah, sorry guys! MePhone 4 had me stay back and retake the Chem Honors test from last Friday because I kinda flunked it," she tells us, breathless.

She sits down and, opening her lunch, immediately says, "So, I've been thinking..."

"Terrifying," Oreo teases her. She punches him lightly, giggling.

I watch them and laugh, pausing to swallow the lump in my throat along with my food. I'm happy for them, I really am.

It gets hard sometimes, though.

"Anyways! I was wondering if you guys wanted to study together today? My parents are off on another one of their business trips so I have the house mostly to myself! Also, I might literally fail English if I don't do well on the essay," she adds sheepishly.

"I'm down," Oreo says, shrugging.

"Yeah," I add on. "I need a partner for one of my projects anyways, so great timing!"

Watermelon beams at me and I smile back at her. 

Honestly, as much as it hurts to see her and Oreo together, she's gotten so happy lately. And it's just a stupid high school crush. If I pretend it doesn't exist, it'll go away.