Chapter_1

Date: August 14, 157 AG
Location: Ursai Stadium, lower Vale

(Y/n) stood before the man who had fired the gun that had caused his father's, mother's, and sister's death. He pointed a gun at Maurice Lark's head as the man cowered against the wall.

"What do you want, man?" Maurice yelled.

"3 years, 7 months, 21 days." (Y/n)'s voice was low, dangerous, and concealed anything that he didn't want others to know. And it intimidated the hell out of Maurice.

"W-What?" He stuttered, fearful.

"That's how long I've been chasing you," (Y/n) answered. "3 years, 7 months, and 21 days. Do you remember what you were did 3 years, 7 months, and 21 days ago? Because I do."

"I don't know what you-"

"December 24, 153. You fired a gun at a moving car. The car spun out of control. Three people died. One survived, barely. But a part of him died that day. And I was born."

"Look, man, it was an accident, it was just supposed to be a warning shot! I didn't intend for the car to spin out, I'm just a fixer. I was just supposed to scare the target, the death's were unintentional! I'm Sorry!"

"I believe you."

The man looked hopeful for a moment.

"And that's why I'm going to give you one chance. Who hired you?"

The man teared up. "I don't know, it was an anonymous caller! They paid me the first part up front, and then paid me the rest afterwards, with a 'bonus' for the kill. I didn't want the bonus, so I gave it to my brother. But look, even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you. These guys, they scare me man, they're like nothing you've ever seen before! The guy who trained me, he tried to sever his ties, so they had him killed! If I told you, I'd be dead! And that's even if I knew who it was! You gotta believe me, man! You gotta!"

"Oh really?" (Y/n) squeezed the trigger as the man screamed.

Click.

The gun had been empty.

"Do you remember now?" (Y/n) put the empty gun away and turned around as Maurice grabbed a Dustball bat and swung at (Y/n). He reacted quickly, pulling out his father's baton and beating around the head before dropping him to the floor.

"Wow, you sure did a number on him."

(Y/n) turned and saw the fixer he had hired to help him: Ruby. He didn't know her last name, and she couldn't have been much older than him, if that.

"I'll take my bullet's now, Ruby," (Y/n) held out his hand as he spoke.

"Oh, I threw them in the river." Ruby chuckled.

"What?"

"Hey, you said you'd kill him otherwise."

(Y/n) sighed as he shook his head. "Look, I need a favor."

"What do you need?" Ruby smiled at him.

"I need you to look after Maurice for me. He knows something, but I'm not gonna get it out of him just yet. It's gonna take time. Please."

Ruby thought for a moment. "Alright, sure. But you'll owe me something in exchange. I'll think of it later. Right now, we gotta get going. Cops'll be here soon."

"What, why?" (Y/n) and Ruby had exited the room as (Y/n) knocked out Maurice.

"Well, I had to cover up the whole pile of bodies down here, so I made it look like a gang shootout, but there's 15 million people up above us right now, so we needed a distraction from them, so," Ruby jumped in front of me with an exited expression. "I called the cops."