𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Începe de la început

"Studying?"

She shook her head. "Reading."

"What were you reading? Wait" —he narrowed his eyes— "it's not about that love pentagon is it?"

"First of all, it was a love octagon," Liliana corrected with a playful glare. "And second of all, no, it wasn't that book. It was about a wizard who had to fulfill a prophecy. And during his adventure, he had to defeat a set of obstacles that were in his way; there was a lot of action. It was actually pretty good, maybe you should read it!"

"I only read bulletin board posts, remember?" he teased, an amused smile on his face. 

She laughed. "I think it's time to expand from bulletin boards."

"I think you might be right." He shrugged. "I'll give it a go."

"Really?" She was more than delighted as she clapped her hands together, and she then tugged on his sleeve. "Let's go to the library now, and I'll get it for you!"

"All right." He nodded, a grin on his face.

They headed down the corridor, quickly making their way to the library which Liliana had left only a mere twenty minutes before. 

There were quite a few students already seated at tables when they entered, though they paid the pair no mind. 

Liliana stood still for a brief moment as she searched for the bookshelf where she had returned the book, and once she had spotted it, she tugged on Cedric's sleeve and led the way. 

Her finger trailed along the top row of books before landing on the spine of the one she was looking for, and she smiled. She swiftly pulled out the deep blue book and handed it to Cedric. 

"Here."

"The Wizard's Destiny?" Cedric furrowed his eyebrows as he read out the title that stood in the centre of the book in gold lettering.

She nodded. "Mhm."

"That is the most boring title I've ever heard in my life." He wrinkled his nose as he stared at the book. "Are you sure this is the right one?"

"Yes, it is! It's a good book, who cares about the title?" she scoffed as she waved a dismissive hand in the air. "Here, at least read the summary on the back."

As he flipped the book over to read the paragraph, Liliana turned back to the shelf that was filled with multi-coloured books. Her eyes roamed the many titles, waiting to see which one of them caught her attention.

She found one, the blood-red book of The Wicked Witch Who Conquered seeming to be the most interesting of them all. Liliana furrowed her eyebrows in concentration as she read the summary on the back, only becoming more invested as she finished it. And as much as she wanted to take a seat and begin a three-hour reading session, she had someone to get back to.

Liliana looked up to see Cedric, who was gazing at her. His cheeks reddened as he realized that she had seen him, and he swiftly looked back down to the book in his hands.

She put her book back, mentally noting the title down for later, and stepped back towards Cedric, who was staring intently at the summary, although she wasn't all too convinced that he was actually reading anything.

"So" —she raised her eyebrows— "do you like it?"

"Mhm." Cedric looked up at her as if she hadn't caught him staring moments before. "The wizard . . . definitely does things."

"Wha—did you even read the summary?" she accused, folding her arms.

He nodded quickly, though she wasn't any more convinced. "Yeah, of course, I did!"