Emiellia Rogers.

I let out a sigh and placed the thin red ribbon in my book and closed it, placing it back on my top dresser drawer.

I brush off my light blue dress (picture above) with my hands and got off the bed and headed to the living room, where Barbra and Martha were waiting.

"Ready?" I ask them.

"Yeah, just waitin' on you toots." Barbra said.

I nod my head and grabbed my purse from the room and gave them a smile as we walked out the front door to the store.
~

"The weather sure did warm up considering it's only August." Barbra commented.

I almost forgot it was August already.

From arriving here in Hawaii, to staying and getting used to the life style here, was different from living in Pennsylvania and other places.

"I forgot that it was already September." I admit.

"Me too, until I over heard Sandra talking to one of the nurses and how August weather here is always nice." Martha said.

"So you've turn to eavesdropping to get information now? Are you going to use that to find all the hot men?" I tease her and they both giggle.

"Now that you have mentioned it, I'll think I'll do that next time." She teases back and we all fall into a fit of laughter.

We got to the small grocery store and started looking for essentials that we need.

Barbra went off to get more deodorant and shaving cream, while Barbra and I went into the produce section, knowing we needed more ham.
-

After about 20 minutes of getting essentials, I remembered that I needed to get more lipstick.

"Shoot, I forgot to get lipstick, I'll be right back." I say.

"I'll come with, Barbra, stay in the line." Martha told her.

"Can I at least get gum?" She asked lightly stomping her low black pump heels.

Martha rolled her eyes.

"Go for it. Besides, don't you get it all the time?" She asks.

"Yes, this is your payment to me now hurry before the line gets shorter." She tells us and Martha grabs my hands and starts rushing to the isle.
-

"Okay do you think I should change the color? Instead of ruby red, maybe a lighter red?" Martha asked me.

I roll my eyes and grabbed the color and brand of lipstick I usually get.

"You look fine in any color honey, just go with the color you like." I tell her.

She grabs her usual red lipstick and grabs another tube of mascara.

"I'll stick with my original color." She says. "Besides, I look way better with this color."

I giggle and grab a tube of another lipstick for Barbra, since she'll complain about a week ago about her almost running out.

"Oh my gosh, don't make it obvious, but eye candy is in the next isle next to us." She says and I looked to the next one to see Billy, Red, and of course,

Danny.

"Oh crap!" I whisper-yell and adverted my gaze to the floor.

"Martha, start walking, before they notice us." I whisper to her and we start walking away from them.

"Too late, I think they noticed us." She whispered back.

I snap my head up to see Billy hitting Danny's shoulder and whispering in his ear, then pointed to us and Danny and I's eyes met.

I then turn my head away from his and started nudging Martha to keep moving.

Knowing that it's already to late, I hand her Barbra and I's lipstick and whispered to Martha to head to Barbra back in line.

I went into a random isle and I heard shoes stop next to where I was standing.

"Hey." He says.

Not looking at him and noticing that I was standing in the soap isle, I was picking up soap bars and looking at them.

"Hi."

"How have you been?" He asked me.

I look out of the corner of my eyes to see him looking a bit nervous.

"Eh, I've been good. Making sure I get to work on time and helping Evelyn, which she is getting better." I told him and I moved down the isle and looked at more soaps.

Danny was also following behind as I went down the isle.

"That's good." He says.

"How have you been?" I ask him back.

"I've been good and also getting better from that." He admits.

"That's good." I repeat what he said to me.

It goes silent for a second, and just as I was about to walk out of that isle, Danny grabbed my wrist and I looked him in his eyes.

"Listen, Billy and Red told me that you asked for me if I was okay, and I felt horrible that I didn't see you the last three weeks, so I was wondering if I could make it up to you. Maybe head to the Black Cat Diner? You don't have to go, I was just suggesting that." He then starts to ramble off and I couldn't help, but let a smile creep onto my lips.

"Danny, I would love to." I said and I watched as his mouth shut before uttering another mumbled word.

"Really?"

I giggle a bit hat his surprised look.

"Yes!"

He smiles at me and lets go of my wrist.

"I'll uh pick you up at 6:30. How does that sound?" He asked.

"Sounds fine." I respond.

His smile widens and he kisses my cheek quick and starts walking away giving me a wave.

"I'll see you 6:30!"

I giggle at him and gave him a light wave.

"What a goof." I say to myself before walking out of the isle and finding Barbra and Martha, but the date running though my mind as I walked.
~
Hello!
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you liked this chapter, plus I was hoping that it would be a bit longer than the last, but none the less it was and sorry if you don't like them being really long.

Anyways, have a good day where ever you are!
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count: 1486)
I do not own 'Pearl Harbor' or the characters, I only own mine.