Clarification

Hey guys! How are you all doing? I know it's been a long time since I last updated, I just don't really have much time to myself anymore.

Anyways, I hope you like this update?! It's not as long as the others, but it felt like the best place to end it. We all know you love a cliffhanger... 😬🙈

Much love to you all! ❤️

Kayla's POV

Uncle Nic has been gone for 4 days, Elijah for 3. Damon and Stefan have been worse than ever, not letting me out of their sights for even a minute, except for when I'm asleep. I have been on my best behaviour, not wanting to add any more stress to the situation - it is bad enough without them having to 'take care' of me, if you get my meaning.

Damon has cooked us all some very nice tagliatelle for dinner. As we sit around the table to eat it, I stare between Damon and Stefan, lost in my own thoughts.

*Kayla's Thoughts*

Damon -  Even though I absolutely despised him when I first came, I love him. He is my dad and I do genuinely love him. The thought of anything happening to him hurts me deep inside. I know my butt has suffered a lot in the time I have known him, and I'm not denying the fact that I probably earned each and every swat, but the feeling I get when I am with him makes me content. I know he would do anything for me. He will even die for me and I'm not about to let that happen!

Stefan - He has a big heart and kind soul. He had genuine affection for me from the very first day. I know I have taken advantage of him at times, but it's not because I don't love him. He is my uncle. Of course I love him. He would die for me and again, I'm not about to let that happen!

My mind wanders off to my other two new found relatives.

Uncle Nic - He has always been in my life since I can remember. He has always looked after me, even when he wasn't there. I didn't know at the time that he was my real uncle, yet I loved him just the same. I know that he can not be killed, so I'm not worried about him as much as I am Damon and Stefan, but he can still be hurt. I don't want him hurt because of me.

And lastly there is Elijah.

Elijah - I haven't known him long, and although I am not as close to him as I am the others, I don't want him to be hurt because of me either. He is a good man, with very good morals. Given time, I'm sure that I would become as close to him as I am the others, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I wish it could, but given the circumstances, it's not possible.

I haven't ate much of my dinner as the feeling in my tummy is preventing me from doing so. I literally feel sick to my stomach. Knowing this will be the last time I see these two makes me want to cry.

I have thought long and hard about what I am about to do, and I see no other option. When I go to bed tonight, I am going to call Mary and hand myself over to her. I know that she is going to kill me, but dying in the place of the people that I love seems like a good way to go. All of them can go back to living their lives the way they did before I showed up, bringing my troubles with me.

"Don't you like your food?" Damon asks me, nodding towards my almost full plate.
"Hum?" I acknowledge that he has spoken, but if it wasn't for him motioning his head to my plate, I wouldn't have a clue what he said. "Oh right. Yeah... I'm not really hungry," I answer him.
"You? Not hungry? Has hell frozen over?" He jokes, as I am always hungry.
"Sorry Damon. I'm just tired is all."

I move away from the table, taking my plate with me before scraping the remaining contents in to the bin and washing my plate, leaving it to dry on the side.
"Is it ok if I get an early night tonight?" I ask them both, hoping neither of them object. I have something to do before I leave.