Good Times = Bad Times (part one)

Hey! I am so sorry about the long update, I have been super busy with Christmas coming up. There's only 5 weeks to go... yay!!
I have tried a little something different with this update - telling it from other people's point of view - and I would love to know what you think.
Do you prefer it when it is just Kayla's, or do you like it like this? It is still mainly Kayla's, but I would appreciate your feed back, positive or negative!
Thanks for sticking with me (if you are haha) and I hope you enjoy! ❤️

TVD

Kayla's POV

I wake up feeling extremely well rested. That has got to be the most comfiest bed I have ever slept in! I feel around the bed for my phone to check the time. It's 7:24am. I hear a clattering sound in the kitchen, as if someone is preparing something to eat.

As I stealthily make my way downstairs, I overhear a conversation between Damon and Stefan.
"Don't do that, Damon! You can't just act like nothing is happening!" Stefan says.
"Save it Maury, this has nothing to do with you!" Damon replies.
"Nothing to do with me? Are you serious right now? Kayla is my niece, it has everything to do with me!" Stefan argues.

I quietly sit down on the third to bottom step, wanting to hear how this plays out.
"She's your daughter, Damon. You need to do the right thing for once in you damn life!" Stefan carries on.
"No. I don't, Stefan. I don't do the right thing. I do the wrong things, I can't be a father!" Damon returns.
"Yeah? Well too late! You already are, so suck it up! You murdered her Mom, Damon. She has nobody else."

It was silent for a short time. I consider going into the kitchen, thinking the conversation was over, but the sound of Damon's voice stops me dead in my tracks.
"I didn't!"
"What?" Stefan asks him.
"I didn't kill her! I would never have harmed a hair on her head. I loved her!" My heart stopped beating hearing him talk about my Mum.
"What?" Stefan repeats, in an unbelieving tone. "What do you mean you didn't kill her? Why didn't you say that yesterday, instead of letting everyone, letting Kayla think you did?"
"She wouldn't have believed me, and I don't blame her. I almost killed her, Stefan. Why would she believe me?" Damon said.

I can't believe what I am hearing right now. I can feel anger rising up inside of me. He is lying! Why is he lying? I can't control myself any longer. I burst through the kitchen doors, my hands balled in to fists.
"LIAR! YOU KILLED HER AND YOU KNOW IT!" I scream at him. "WHY ARE YOU LYING?" Tears start to stream down my face, leaving glistening tracks where they have been. Damon just stands there, staring at me, saying nothing. This infuriates me even more.
"Answer me goddamnit!"

Stefan speaks for him.
"Kayla, sweetheart, calm down." He says as he reaches out for me. I step away from him, not wanting him anywhere near me.
"Calm down? Are you joking? He's lying and I want to know why!" I retort.
"IM NOT LYING!" Damon shouts, making me look back at him.
"YOU ARE! She went to meet you, and never came back. How do you explain that?" I ask.
"I don't know." His voice is low. He is looking around as if he is trying to find something.

Tears are leaving my eyes by the bucket load, to the point where I can barely see. My legs feel like jelly before they give in completely. Within seconds, I am sitting on the floor, my knees pulled up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them. My forehead is resting on my knees to block out the sight of my surroundings. Heart wrenching sobs are escaping my mouth. I want my Mum!

I feel myself being lifted off the floor, cradled in strong arms. I look up, expecting to see Stefan, but it's Damon who is carrying me. My first instinct is to fight him, get myself out of his arms, but right now, I need the comfort. I need to feel someone close to me.

Damon sits down on one of the sofas in the living-room, and instead of putting me down, he keeps a hold of me, sitting me on his knee. He wraps both arms around my upper body, and just holds me, letting me cry it out.