"And why would I send her to your tainted school?" the Dark Priest boomed, his loud voice making Varya flinch. "Have you all not taken enough from us? Have you no shame in corrupting the true dark power of our Lord?"

The girl looked over at her teacher as he pointed an accusatory finger at the western man. The Dark Priest wore his ceremonial robes, which made her understand that whoever the wizard before him was, he was of high rank.

The westerner let out a low chuckle, his body shaking with amusement. Varya could not help but part her lips at the blatant display of defiance. Her hands shook as her gaze fell upon her teacher again, waiting for him to strike the wizard as he did with the other children in the school. When the strike did not come, a heaviness that she did not realize she carried drifted away.

"Do you really wish to go against me?" the wand-carrier answered, his voice dripping with nonchalance. Clearly, he was not intimidated by the Dark Priest. "Must I remind you what is to happen if I let a word slip of your true practice, Dalibor? I do not believe the Ministry of Magic would take kindly to your experiments."

Dalibor sneered at the threat, his gray eyebrows almost uniting in fury. His wrinkled face seemed to melt as he moved it, a sign of old age and darkness. He then turned to the young girl, his eyes making her quiver as the hatred bubbled in them. He called for her to come closer and so she did, keeping her eyes to her feet.

"Petrov, I would like to introduce to you the great Albus Dumbledore of Hogwarts." his introduction was filled with sarcasm as he weakly gestured to the westerner. "He is making quite a demand, you see. He thinks that he is beyond the reach of our Lord and wishes for you to negate your power by attending his school."

Varya's eyes snapped upwards as she looked at the face of the stranger that stood before her. At that moment, Albus Dumbledore looked like he glowed of pure light. He was her salvation, he was the one who would free her spirit of the endless torture that was Scholomance. Albus smiled at her, his jovial nature immediately triggering her mistrust. He extended out a hand towards her and took no offense when she only looked at it.

"Varya Petrov" he spoke, her name sounding deformed because of his accent. "I have heard a great deal about your family."

At that, her young eyes filled with fear. Was this a trap? Had they finally come to execute her for her family's betrayal? A sting came to her eyes, one that she knew too well. Varya dug her nails in her palms, holding back this sign of weakness. No, she would not cower in front of them. She straightened her back, defiance taking over her features. Albus looked at the child with a puzzled expression, as he was taken aback by the obvious coldness in her heart. For a moment, he doubted his plan.

"Do not worry, young one. I am not here to reprimand you. I am here to offer you a chance at retribution."

The Dark Priest let out a low growl at that, stepping away from the two with anger. He could not believe that such a presence had stepped foot in his magnificent school. Albus Dumbledore was nothing more than a coward who feared the true calling of power, who would one day get what he deserved. That day was not today, however, as Dalibor made his way out of the church, slamming the door behind him.

Varya analyzed the man that she was left with, carefully considering his words. Her heart swelled at them, a wave of emotion threatening to spill out. Her skin buzzed as if renewed, her veins dilated as her blood began to pump faster.

"How?" her voice came out small, dazed as if she was unsure of what she had heard. Albus reached out for his wand, not missing the obvious flinch in the girl. For a second, her hands froze and her walls circled around her. She did not let her guard down. He took it out slowly, then turned towards one of the wood tables that stood before them. Waving it, a cauldron appeared before them. He made his way towards it, then motioned for her to come and look.