Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Brielle walked forward down the road as tears rolled down her face. She must have been walking for about an hour before she fell to her knees and completely broke down. She broke down from everything that had happened to her in the past 72 hours.

Sam leaned against Brielle and licked her cheek.

She put her hands up to her face and continued to cry. She couldn't believe she found someone like Daryl and let him walk out of her life.

“Why,” she cried into her hands. She knew it was going to hurt saying goodbye to Daryl, she didn't know it was going to hurt as bad. She felt the pain all over her body, but mostly it was in her heart. She felt as though her heart was literally breaking.

Brielle had cried so hard she ended up throwing up. She wiped her mouth off and continued to sit on her knees in the middle of the road. She didn't want to move. She wanted to turn around a go back to Daryl. She wanted to feel his arms around her and she wanted him to tell her everything was going to be okay.

Daryl, Rick, Michonne and Carl walked along the train tracks. Rick and Michonne walked behind the other two keeping a decent distance.

“Are we just going to let him walk away from that girl?” Michonne asked Rick keeping her eyes on Daryl.

“What do you mean?” Rick asked confused.

“Rick, he told this girl that he loved her. When have you ever in all your time of knowing Daryl, hear him express any type of feelings towards anyone,” Michonne said turning to look at Rick.

“I don’t know what we are supposed to do about it,” Rick said. “Daryl’s fully capable to make his own decisions.”

Michonne stopped walking causing Rick to stop and look at her.

“You know Daryl isn't going to leave you. He respects you and sees you as his family,” Michonne said to Rick.

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do about that,” Rick said getting irritated.

“Talk to him,” Michonne said sternly.

“You guys comin’?” Daryl yelled after he and Carl noticed that Rick and Michonne were not right behind them.

Rick looked into Michonne’s eyes fighting an internal battle.

“Daryl, come here for a second. I need to talk to you,” Rick said still keeping his eyes on Michonne.

Daryl cursed under his breath and walked towards Rick and Michonne. Michonne nodded and walked past Daryl on her way to keep Carl company.

“Yeah?” Daryl asked when he got up to Rick.

“You sure you want to leave that girl?” Rick asked.

“Brielle? She won’t come with me. She’s headed to her family,” Daryl said shrugging.

“Where is her family?” Rick asked.

“Minnesota,” Daryl said quietly looking down at the ground.

Rick looked up at the sky. Minnesota was a long ways from Georgia.

“You think she’s gonna make it that far?” Rick asked.

“Yeah, she’s smart,” Daryl said nodding.

“What makes her think her family is still alive?” Rick asked.

“Her step-dad was Special Forces. He’s got a place off the grid there. She’s pretty sure her family is there,” Daryl said looking Rick in the eye.