?? chapter thirteen ??

"fucking hell

"fucking hell." i muttered, shifting on my feet, as i anxiously waited for the doors to open.

i was currently at the police station, waiting for cook to come out of the courtroom in front of me. he's gotten in big shit, since he decided it would be a good idea to punch the shit out of someone at a party, for no reason apparently.

i blame myself. it was the party i had run away from. maybe if i was there, he wouldn't have gotten so angry.

i turned to my side and saw a blonde lady, arms folded, sighing. she checked her watch and looked up at the two doors in front of us. she looked over at me and i turned my gaze back to the doors.

"who are you waiting for, love?" she asked, as i smiled a little.

"james cook." i replied, as she broke out into a smile.

"so am i. how do you know cook?" she asked.

"girlfriend." i nodded, as she scrunched up her eyebrows.

"it's a wonder how someone like him snatched up someone like you. you seem like a lovely girl." she tutted.

"thanks?" i replied, although it came out more like a question.

just then, the doors opened and cook walked out, a policeman and woman at either side. he smiled when he saw me and walked over, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"hi." he mumbled, as i giggled a little.

"you really fucked up this time, didn't you, cookie?" i asked, as he smiled and looked down, as i followed his gaze to the tracker on his ankle.

"hello, jimmy. how you been?" the woman beside me asked, as cook looked up at her, sighing.

"nobody calls me jimmy now, mum." he replied.

"hello... smelly." she replied, as some of the policemen around her chuckled.

"if we're going to yours, can y/n come?" cook asked, as his mum nodded.

"yeah, she seems like a sweetheart." she replied, walking off, as cook and i followed.

"look at that, mum already likes you." cook joked, putting an arm around me, as i chuckled.

"so what's the deal with the band?" i asked.

"have to be in the house everday from seven at night till seven in the morning." he replied, as i pouted.

"no more partying for you then." i taunted, as he chuckled.

"shut up." he grinned, as we got into his mum's car.

the car ride there was mostly silent, though i held cook's hand the whole time. i could tell he was uncomfortable.

once we got out, ruth turned to cook.