?? chapter one ??

i'm y/n jenkins and my life is completely and utterly fucked up

i'm y/n jenkins and my life is completely and utterly fucked up. my brother's gone and fucked off to new york and the only thing i've got left of him is his zip up jumper and his old room, which has been preserved. i don't let anyone go in there, apart from mum.

i hate to admit it, but sometimes when i miss him i sleep in his bed. the sheets still smell like him. i try and call him, but with the time difference, most of the time it goes straight to voicemail.

today's my first day of college, woop de doo. i'm less than thrilled, but at least i have effy. see, my brother and effy's brother were best friends, so naturally we became best friends too.

effy's fucked up. even more fucked up than i am. but the thing is, she absolutely loves it.

her dad gave us both a lift to college, but he ended up crashing into a bike, so effy sat in the front, me in the back, as we watched him scream at an old lady. classy.

"hey, y/n, look." effy said, as i climbed over the middle, as she pointed out the window. she was pointing at three boys sat at a table by the little cafe outside the college. they were all practically melting over effy.

sometimes it's hard being effy's best friend. she's too pretty for her own good. everyone knows it, even her.

i followed her gaze to the boy sitting the farthest on the left. he had a skateboard under his feet, lots of bracelets up and down his arm. he seemed nice.

"what, you into skaters now or something?" i asked, as she turned around and playfully hit me, as i stuck my tongue out at her.

as we were talking, we hadn't noticed one of the boys get up and walk over to effy's dad. as he got closer and closer i swear my heart stopped. he was gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous.

"eff, roll down the window, i wanna hear this." i snorted, as she followed my orders and rolled down the window, as i climbed into the drivers seat.

"what- what happened?" he asked, touching his head.

"has he got tomato sauce on his head?" i asked, squinting, as effy laughed a little and covered her mouth.

"i think he does." she replied, as i smiled a little.

"is that your bike you fucking idiot?" effy's dad asked, as the boy continued. as effy watched, i reached into the back, to get my bag, opening it and taking out sid's jumper. i put it on, the sleeves hanging over my hands. it still smelled like him.

"still missing your idiot brother?" effy asked, as i shrugged a little.

"i dunno, it's just scary. i don't know if he's ever gonna come back." i replied, folding my arms, as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"c'mon, let's get you some fresh air." she said, as i nodded a little, slinging my bag over my shoulder, as i opened the door and walked around.

once i got there, effy wiped some of the tomato sauce off the boy's head and licked it.