Chapter 3

I giddily walked down the steps and when entered the kitchen I saw a strange looking old man with a long grey beard sitting down at the table talking to my parents. He looked up and smiled when he saw me enter.

"Ah there you are Aph" my mom looked at the man. "This is the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore. He just arrived here" She smiled.

My eyes immediately went wide. "Oh my gosh! Hi! Im Aphrodite Sparks. I'm so excited to be going to Hogwarts!!" I shook his hand.

He chuckled and stood up "Happy birthday Miss Sparks. We are very excited to have you join us this year. Your parents were some of the best students in their class, so we are positive you will be a very powerful witch." He looked at his watch. "I am afraid I must be on my way now. I assume you know where to get your school supplies from?"

"Yes of course, I am actually going to Diagon Alley tomorrow with my friend Cedric. He's going into third year at Hogwarts." I said looking for a sign of recognition in his face.

"Ah yes. Mr. Diggory, very kind-hearted soul." He looked back at my parents. "It was very nice speaking with you again, and it was so nice meeting you Ms. Sparks. I'll see you on September 1st."

And just like that he vanished.

"I didn't know he was your Headmaster too." I looked at my parents.

"He has been the headmaster for a long time now. Do you have the list of supplies?" My mom asked

I pulled out a folded piece of paper from my pocket and read it.

Uniform

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear.

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings).

Books

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 Wand

1 Cauldron

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.

"Perfect" father said.

I went back upstairs and looked in my closet wondering what to wear tomorrow. I wanted to wear something that would make a good impression if I met anyone of high importance. I decided to wear a white polo shirt under a green striped sweatshirt, and a white tennis skirt. It was modest but also gave a "sophisticated" look. I folded up the outfit and put it on the chair in front of my desk. I decided to shower and get ready for tomorrow. It was going to be a good day.