49

my alarm pierced through the walls of my apartment. i groaned, rolling over on my side to grab my phone. 9:13 am, way too early to be awake. my eyes drifted shut once again, then i realized- i was supposed to be awake 15 minutes ago.

i kicked into high gear- rushing out of bed to the bathroom. in a hurried attempt to get ready i ran a comb through my hair, brushed my teeth, and threw some makeup on. "shit shit shit" i cursed out loud, practically falling over as i put my pants on. i grabbed my bag, badge, and keys and was out the door with negative five minutes to spare.

-

i scanned my badge at the door- being greeted by the familiar faces. the receptionists smiled kindly as i passed by. i exhaled with relief when i noticed i made it just on time. making my way into the choreography room- one of my newest coworkers chaelin was stretching on the ground, or at least attempting to.

"hey." i chuckled, plopping my bag on the ground. my korean was getting better, but it still was a difficult transition. chae sat up quickly- realizing it was just me, she flopped back onto the hardwood floor.

"i get that warming up is a big part of dancing- but it's also a big pain in the ass." she scoffed, grabbing the water i handed towards her. "thanks. what's your schedule for today?"

"umm. well i have some trainee classes at 10, lunch at 12, and then i got assigned to a group choreography at 1 and i don't know how long that's gonna take." i sighed. her eyes practically bulged out of her sockets. "what?" i chuckled.

"DUDE? THAT'S HUGE!" she practically screamed. i laughed, shushing her to take her volume down a couple notches.

"it's not that big of a deal." i shrugged off her excitement. "just work." chaelin gasped, punching me straight in the arm. "dude! what was that for?"

"just work? seriously? what group is it, spill." she gushed. i rolled my eyes at her childishness- but was cut off by the ring of my phone, signaling it was 10 and i had to go.

i grabbed my bag and yelled a brief "i'll catch up with you later, yeah?" before jogging out the door.

-

it was now 1 and i felt like my limbs were about to collapse under me. my trainee class ran about an hour after it was supposed to- which meant no lunch break for me. i just had to slowly make my way to the practice room and hope i didn't die getting there.

opening the door, i was greeted with multiple bows and "hellos" from the eight boys. until they realized it was me of course- then it was a whole different story. they began to cheer and clap extremely loud once they saw me. i tried my best to contain my laughter and maintain whatever professionalism was left in my body. bowing quickly, i smiled at the excited boys in front of me. "hello."

"jaehyun!" minho practically screamed at the top of his lungs.

"you have to call her jaehyun-nim dumbass, be respectful." hyunjin playfully interjected, grabbing minho by his shoulder.

"this is so exciting!" jeongin gushed. "i've never seen you dance."

"wait me either." felix spoke, cocking his eyebrow. the rest of the boys nodded their heads in agreement.

"ah well i guess you'll find out." i chuckled. i set my bag down onto the ground and pulled out my notebook and phone. "um- i listened to your track, it was REALLY good." i began, "i was thinking maybe we could start with the first minute, minute and a half of the choreography today and see how that goes?" i suggested. they all looked at each other and nodded at me. "cool."

they stretched and created conversation amongst themselves while i reviewed some of my pacing ideas. the song was versatile- giving me a lot of options for this. all i knew is i wanted to go home. but seungmin snapped me out of my thoughts, calling my name.

"we're ready!" he smiled cheerfully. i walked in front of the chattering boys who had come to be my closest friends. i began to teach them slowly- but surely the first parts of this long, strenuous dance i created.

-

we were all gasping, sweating after about three hours. "ah this is fun and all but- is it break time yet?" changbin sighed, sitting onto the floor.

"yeah i need a break too." i agreed. we all stood up tediously, stretching out a little. my body was begging for me to be done for the day but i ignored it, i was fine.

"hey jae, think fast." felix spoke. i turned to see a plastic water bottle flying right at me. quickly, i caught it with my right band before shooting a glare at the australian boy.

"i may be tired but don't fuck with me lix." i smiled, opening the bottle of water and downing the whole thing. chan stared right at me, looking in amazement. "what?"

"you just caught that- nevermind. what are you doing after work?" he asked, taking a seat in front of me. even though maybe the first shot at chris and i'd relationship didn't work- i was happy that we were still great friends.

i smiled, "going the fuck to bed, you?"

"hoping to spend some time with you." he stated rather bluntly. i raised my eyebrows at him, causing him to fluster quickly. "like would you wanna come over?"

"christopher is this a booty call? i do not take too kindly to that." i jokingly winked at him.

he coughed, running his hand through his dark brown hair. his cheeks were a dark shade of red now. "n-no i just wanna see you!" chris laughed awkwardly.

i lightly pushed him, trying to control my laughter. "dude i'm kidding! i'll come over. now let's get back to work before you pass out."

-