𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

"Does he have to eat that in front of us?" Ron questioned with a look of disgust, his narrowed eyes fixated on the spider; the boy absolutely despised spiders (and that fear had probably increased after a certain visit with an Acromantula the year previous).

"Clever Crookshanks, did you catch that all by yourself?" Hermione cooed as the cat tauntingly chewed on the spider, ignoring Ron's complaint.

"Just keep him over there, that's all," Ron demanded as he rolled his eyes and turned back towards his star chart. "I've got Scabbers asleep in my bag."

Harry yawned before pulling his bag towards him, taking out his own star chart and beginning to fill it out.

"You can copy mine if you like," Ron offered, finishing his own and sliding it towards Harry, who gratefully took it.

Hermione gave Liliana a look she was used to—irritation. Hermione hated when either of the boys didn't do their work themselves.

Crookshanks, on the other hand, had his yellow eyes glued on Ron, his bushy tail waving through the air. Suddenly, he jumped towards Ron.

"Oi!" Ron shouted, grabbing his bag as Crookshanks attached his claws into the fabric. "Get off you stupid animal!"

"Ron, don't hurt him!" Hermione squealed as Ron swung the bag wildly, Crookshanks hanging on. The whole room watched as Scabbers flew out of the bag.

"Catch that cat!" Ron yelled as Crookshanks sprinted towards the running rat.

George tried to grab Crookshanks but missed as the cat chased after Scabbers. The rat sprinted behind a chest of old drawers, and Crookshanks began to swipe beneath it in an attempt to capture the rat.

Hermione and Ron made their way over, Hermione picking up her furious cat, and Ron managing to pull Scabbers from under the chest.

"Look at him!" Ron thrust Scabbers in Hermione's direction for her to see. "He's skin and bone! You keep that cat away from him!"

"Crookshanks doesn't understand it's wrong!" Hermione exclaimed. "All cats chase rats, Ron!"

"There's something funny about that animal!" Ron said as he tried to put Scabbers into his pocket. "It heard me say that Scabbers was in my bag!"

"Oh, what rubbish." Hermione rolled her eyes. "Crookshanks could smell him, Ron, how else d'you think—"

"That cat's got it in for Scabbers!"  Ron pushed, ignoring as the students in the room began to laugh at his remarks. "And Scabbers was here first, and he's ill!"

He then marched up to his dorm, angry as he did so.

Liliana sighed. Ron was such a drama queen sometimes.

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

Liliana and the boys stood in the long line among the entrance of the school, waiting as Filch checked names off his list. It was Halloween, and they were headed towards their first Hogsmeade visit of the year.

"I'm so excited!" Riley bounced in his spot, his curly hair bouncing with him. "We have to go to Zonko's, my mum didn't let me bring any of my stuff from home!"

"For good reason too," Liliana giggled as she leaned over and playfully slapped his shoulder. She's been subject to his pranks many times, and while the boys found it hilarious, she wasn't all too fond of it. 

After Filch cleared them, the group set off to Hogsmeade, the slight chill of the air overtaking them. Liliana shoved her hands underneath her cloak, hoping that the thin fabric would be enough to warm her.