Chapter 4 // The Park

"Come on!" Charlie whispered to Penelope and Lilly excited as he scurried down the hall. The pups curiously followed him to the bedroom. He stopped at the doorway, kneeling down in between the two and holding onto their collars. He looked up at Alex who was sound asleep in bed. "Target acquired" Charlie giggled. "Ready?" The pups looked at him, then at Alex, quickly picking up on What this was. They wagged their tails, eagerly awaiting for their chance to go.
"Aim...Fire!" He released his grip, letting the dogs loose. They sprinted across the room and leapt up onto the bed ontop of Alex and licked his face.

"AHH, SLOBBER ATTACK!" Alex shouted after waking up. He giggled as he tried to push them away. "ROLL OUT MEN!" He dove under the covers and rolled himself to the other side of the bed, landing not so gracefully on the floor. He sat up and grabbed a squeaky toy that was sitting under the bed. "Charlie catch!" He said tossing the toy to him.

Charlie gasped and caught the toy before he could process that it was a trap. The pups looked up at Charlie and ran after him. "AHH, YOU TRICKED ME!" He laughed as he ran out of the room and down the hall. He turned around once he got to the couch and tossed the toy to Lilly. He giggled as he watched the pups chase eachother around the room for the squeaky toy.

A few moments later Alex came into the room, hair all floofed up with static from the sheets.

"Oh, I love the new look" Charlie said smiling.

"Thank you" Alex grinned. "I'm setting a new trend". He glanced over Charlies shoulder at the clock on the stove. It read 4pm, almost time for them to meet up with Liz and Jessie.
"Okay" he spoke through a yawn. "Now that I've napped, I'm ganna hop in the shower and then we can go".

"Okie!" Charlie beamed. He walked down the hall with Alex until they parted ways, Alex going into the bathroom and Charlie heading for the bedroom to get dressed. He was already wearing his outfit for school. But now that it was over he wanted to change into something else for their meet up.

While he was rummaging through the closet, he found his and Alex's matching Dino hoodies. His was pink and Alex's was white.

A wide smile spread across his face

A wide smile spread across his face. It was perfect! He snatched the hoodies off their coat hangers and Layed them out on the bed. He also grabbed their couples bracelets, the ones he had got for him and Alex when they were still in highschool and it was Alex's birthday.

He put the white beaded one on and placed the black one over Alex's hoodie

A moment later he heard the faucet turn off. He squealed and changed into a pair of gym shorts as he waited for Alex.

After drying off and wrapping the towel around his waist Alex grabbed another one and dried off his hair as he made his way to the bedroom. He looked up to see Charlie grinning from ear to ear as he bounced, causing him to giggle. "What's got you so excited?"

Charlie pointed to the bed. He looked over to see their dino hoodies and his bracelet. "Awee" he said blushing a bit. He threw on some boxers, his ripped black skinny jeans, and a black tanktop. Finally came the hoodie. He threw it on over his head, smiling when he heard Charlie doing the same with a giggle.

"We're so cute!" Charlie said tackling Alex into a hug. Alex smiled and hugged him back. "Oh! Don't forget this!" He pulled away and slipped Alex's bracelet on for him.

"Thanks love" Alex smiled and kissed his forehead. "Ready to go?"

"Can we bring the doggos?" Charlie pleaded.

"Of course, I'm sure Liz and Jessie would love to meet the cutests pups in the world".

"Yaaay!" Charlie cheered as he ran down the hall. Alex chuckled and followed behind him.

"Lilly! Penelop!" He said grabbing their leashes off the hook next to the door. "Come on, we've got some friends to meet".

********

"Where did you say they were meeting us again?" Alex looked around puzzled.

"By the docks. Oh I see them!" Charlie said excited. Alex looked where he was pointing and caught sight of them feeding sweet corn to the ducks.
They quickly made their way over to them with the pups in lead.

Then out of nowhere, Lilly bolted towards them. She ran right in between Liz and Jessie, getting tangled in Lizzy's hand bag in the process and ran straight into the water barking at the ducks. Penelope sat down and seemingly looked at her sister in disappointment.

"Lilly!" Alex called out. "Leave those poor ducks alone and bring Lizzy's Bag back right now missy!" He took his shoes and socks off and rolled up his jeans. He knew she wouldn't listen, so he had to go in himself. He ran into the water and chased Lilly around. The ducks were long gone at this point. Now Lilly was just enjoying their new "game".

The others still on land laughed at the two. "Hang on Alex!" Charlie said coming to the rescue. Lizzy took Penelopes leash allowing Charlie to run into the water and help. Or-try to anyways. Lilly sprinted back and forth in the water dodging the boys arms each time they tried to grab her.

"Lilly you turd!" Alex laughed.
Jessie and Lizzy couldn't stand by much longer. So they too joined in. Penelope stayed by their side barking at her sister.

"Hey! Watch where you're splashing!" Alex laughed as Charlie ran past him. Charlie turned towards him and smirked. "Don't you dare" Alex said getting ready to run. Too late. Charlie bent down and splashed him. Alex gasped dramatically and splashed him back.

"Lizzy! Help me!" Charlie squealed as they kept splashing eachother. Lizzy laughed and joined Charlie's side.

"Yo Jess!" Liz called out. "Come help us!"

"No way! Two against one? That's not fair! I'm on Alex's team!" He rushed over to Alex's side and started kicking water at the other two. They all laughed and screamed as they threw water at eachother.

Minutes later they were soaked from head to toe and laughing until their sides hurt. By now Lilly had calmed down and was resting on land. The hand bag still wrapped around her. They walked up shore still giggling. Lizzy got her bag back and they all layed in the grass to soak up the sun.

"Thanks for coming guys" lizzy giggled.

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it" Alex smiled.

Jessie gasped. "I love how you're hoodies match!"

"Oh, thanks!" Alex beamed. "We also got matching bracelets". The two boys held up their wrists earing an "aweee!" From Jessie and Lizzy.

In the distance, an ice cream truck could be heard passing by.

"Hey! You guys wanna get ice cream?!" Charlie said sitting up.

"Heck ya!" Lizzy jumped to her feat. "Race ya there!"She said before taking off.

"No fair you got a head start!" Jessie said running after her. Charlie and Alex grinned and ran after them hand in hand, the pups by their sides.

Charlie had a feeling they would all become the best of friends in no time.