Epilogue

"Matty!" Luke called out as he jumped into his arms as soon as he walked in. Lauren pretended to be hurt when her little brother was more excited to see Matthew than her.

"You didn't miss me?" She pouted and looked slightly offended. Luke giggled softly before running up to Lauren and clashing his small arms around Lauren.

"I missed you so much." Lauren sighed out as she held him closer. Luke kept on giggling while holding Lauren.

"I missed you too." He said and looked at her before he looked back at his mother who was now walking down to greet them.

She looked much happier than she did before. She looked more put up together and Lauren was glad to see her like this. She would be lying if she had said that she was hesitant for leaving Luke all alone here with her mother but she was glad that she did.

Luke and her mother had a much stronger bond now which she had always wished for and she knew that it made her mother feel more secure too which meant the world to her.

They both healed in their own ways. Luke didn't have panic attacks anymore and her mother didn't seem to feel the need to turn back to the drugs or alcohol.

Matthew smiled while he shook Lauren's mother hands. The last time he had met her was to make sure she was safe as well as Luke but today was a day where he came home to the house of his girlfriend.

After everything that had happened, Matthew healed from his wound. His mother was luckily safe too and Ian was buried. Out of respect, Matthew did go. At the end of the day, vengeance got the worst out of Ian and he didn't wanted to be the same as him.

He wanted to see the reasons why he never wanted to be the person he used to be and one of those reasons was Lauren.

His Lauren.

"Good to see you, Mrs Young." He said and she smiled sweetly at him before turning up to her daughter who was impatiently waiting to hug her.

She hugged her tightly before exhaling sharply.

"I missed you, mum." She spoke out and her mother smiled softly while nodding her head.

"I missed you too, little one." She said and Lauren smiled.

She was glad that everything fell together on it's place. Everyone was safe and well. Lauren and Matthew were together, and he was making his way out of leaving the gang as well as the others.

It was still a long way but Matthew had sworn that he would never let the same thing happen that did to Lauren.

He loved her...

And she loved him.

That's all what mattered to them.

________________________________

Dear readers,
I want to thank all of you for reading After and for continuing supporting me, leaving comments that motivated me to keep going! You don't understand how much you have been helping me and it matters to me. So much and I will always stay thankful of you guys! Thank you for everything!
Yours,
Maira❤️