Chapter 44

Hello everyone! We are getting close to the 10k! I can't believe this omg.... Thank you! Please make sure to comment underneath the chapters because I would love to see your comments and reply back to them! It literally makes me smile :)! Have a nice reading time!
________________________________

It has been a few days since Ian made remarkable threats to me and Matthew. We had been going still to our classes and I saw Ian around but he never approached me. I don't know if it was because Matthew was with me the entire time or if he just liked to make us feel anxious.

I sighed when I sat upright in the car seat. Today, I had a job interview in the centre of New York City. It was a coffee shop and it was a great way with earning money so I could afford my own place in the future and even a car so I didn't have to rely on Matthew so much.

"Where is he?" I asked myself as I turned myself around to see whether he was standing on the porch of his house. He wasn't there and I sighed. I turned myself around and heard my phone ring. When I looked up the screen, I saw that my mother was video calling me. I smiled and quickly picked up the phone.

"LAULAU!" Luke shouted over the phone. His little face was the only thing I saw on the call. I laughed softly as I looked at him. I missed him more than anyone.

"Hey Lukie." I said with a smile as I looked at him. Luke giggled softly and looked at me for a while. He had this naughty grin around his lips which made me feel like he had done something he wasn't suppose to do.

I saw Matthew walking up to the front. He was playing with the car keys and opened the door so he could sit inside. He smiled at me and then looked over at my phone. He chuckled softly when Luke kept on giggling.

"Is that Matty?" He asked and I frowned. How did he even remember him? I mean, he only saw him once and for a three year old that is not enough to remember someone.

"Yes." I smiled and turned the phone towards Matthew so he could see him. Luke giggled and waved at him.

"Matty!" He shouted happily. Matthew looked at me so horrified as if he had seen a ghost which made me want to burst out of laughing. Matthew laughed and smiled at him.

"Hello Luke." He said with a smile. I could see that he didn't know what to say so I wasn't going to make him feel more uncomfortable. I turned the phone to myself and smiled.

"Is Matthew your boyfriend?" Luke asked and I gasped slightly. Matthew chuckled softly and started the engine of the car. He started to drive away from the house.

"What? Yes." I said quickly and confused. Luke giggled again.

"Are you going to get married?" He asked and I choked on my own breathe.

"You are asking me too many questions. It is unfair." I said so I could change the topic. Luke looked at me sceptical as if he wasn't sure whether he was finished with the conversation we where having.

"Will he hurt you like James?" Luke's voice asked and I could hear from his voice that he was terrified. I frowned and looked at him. How did he even remember all of this? I saw from the corner of my eyes Matthew looking at me instantly when Luke mentioned James.

"Who does he mean?" He asked and his voice was serious. I knew that this was his worried slash angry voice. He was either going to be mad at me or he was going to be over worried.

"No, my love. Matthew would never hurt me." I said as I looked at Luke. Matthew focused his eyes again on the road and I could see him squeezing the wheel of the car. He was anxious and when he is anxious, he will turn mad.

It was Matthew logic which would probably never make sense to me.

"I will call mum and you later okay." I said as I looked at Luke. He nodded his head and smiled.

"I love you. Give kisses to mum." I said before I hung up the phone. I looked at Matthew whose eyes were piercing onto the road.

"Matt-" "Who is James?" Matthew asked as he looked at me. I sighed as I looked him into his eyes.

"He was my ex." I said and Matthew titled one of his eyebrows as he looked at me.

"Ex?" He asked as if he was surprised that I was into another relationship other than with him. I nodded my head.

"Yes. My ex." I repeated myself again to make it clear to him. Matthew scoffed as he chuckled. He turned his head towards the road again and drove towards the highway that would lead us to the main street in New York.

"What is so funny about it?" I asked confused. I knew that he was mad and he was probably jealous too. I could sense it from his attitude and behaviour. Matthew shrugged his shoulders as he kissed his teeth.

"Nothing." He said. I nodded and sighed as I looked away from him.

I just wish that Matthew would just speak to me instead of just becoming angry. When we finally reached the shop, I got out of the car without saying anything to him. I heard Matthew coming out of the car and shut the door behind him with a loud bang.

"Are you really going to leave without saying anything?" He asked. I turned myself around and looked at him. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"It didn't look in the car like you wanted to speak to me." I said as I looked at Matthew. I saw him clenching his jaw as he walked closer towards me.

"How could you not tell me about your ex?" He asked angrily as he looked at me. I frowned at him in confusion before I scoffed.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked in disbelief. Matthew looked at me thoroughly.

"I can't believe you right now..." I said softy as I looked at him. Why was he getting mad at me? Just because I didn't tell him about James. There was too much pain that came with mentioning him and I didn't wanted relive the same thing again...

I finally had the courage or the reassurance in coming back in a relationship with Matthew. I didn't wanted to be reminded of the reason why I cut romance out of my life... Not when I had something good going on in my life...

"What? Am I just like him?" He asked angrily.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I will probably hurt your feelings and then you will break up with me, won't you?" He asked angrily and I shook my head.

"Matthew, I won't leave you." I said and I didn't realise that he needed so much reassurance from me... I mean he had been with so many girls... Probably each day a new girl... So many were after him... I could never have thought...

"Say that to James." He said as he walked away from me.

"Matt-" "I will be waiting here." He said before entering his car. I sighed and turned myself around... I squeezed my eyes shut before exhaling sharply and opened my eyes again...