Chapter 16

[Hello everyone! If you like the Dolan Twins please read my new story Death Wish! Make sure to vote and let me down in the comments what you think of today's chapter! ]

_

Alberto was still waiting for me to answer his question. I sighed and was debating in myself whether I should tell him or not. I was dying inside out that I couldn't share anything about this than just Matthew. He wouldn't talk about it and Alberto has always been here for me. I looked up with the confused and worried Alberto still glancing at me.

"What happened to you?" He asked me again and I patted my hand next to me on my bed in order to tell him to sit next to me. I breathed out again and saw that my hands were shaking. What if Alberto went to the police? Matthew could end up in jail or maybe even worse...

"I... euhm..." I stuttered and felt that Alberto held my hand. I looked up and looked at Alberto, who gave me a warming smile. My heart started to beat again normally and my breathing was getting on a normal level too.

"I don't know if I can tell you, Alberto." I said softly and he frowned. I could see that he was now even more confused and worried which wasn't my goal at all. He shook his head.

"You can trust me, Lauren. I won't do anything that would end up hurting you." He said and I chuckled softly.

"You are so cheesy sometimes." I said softly and he laughed softly. I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened my eyes again and looked at Alberto. I had no idea how he had so much patience. I would have been annoyed at this point.

"All of this started when Vivien and I saw Matthew fighting at the train station. I tried to stop them and the guy hit me by accident. I still remember how angry Matthew got and he hit the guy without even taking a break." I said and looked down. I stared at my hand that was in Alberto's hand. He softly squeezed my hand and I looked up again at him.

"Yesterday when I came home, there was this man who came out of nowhere. He hurt me because he thought that he was getting to Matthew. He even thought that I was his girlfriend." I said in confusion and I saw how confused Alberto was when I told him this. I sighed and felt the burning ache in my arm.

"The man craved something in my arm and then went away." I said and I pulled my sleeve up of my t-shirt. I frowned when I saw a bandage around the cut. That means that Matthew had already seen it. Alberto was looking at my arm.

"What was craved into your arm?" Alberto asked and I looked at him. I felt the fear again. The fear that I was about to die. I felt the same energy again....

"Oblige or she dies..." I said softly and I saw Alberto's eyes widen. I looked away and pulled my sleeve down again. I stood up and looked at Alberto again.

"I have no idea who these people are and Matthew wouldn't tell me anything than just saying that he would keep me safe." I said and I could hear that my voice was a bit shaky. I was afraid, so deadly afraid that something could happen.

"I think it is for the best. I mean you never know what Matthew is involved with. What if you are in danger?" Alberto asked and I sighed.

"I already am and it isn't fair. They are after me because they want something from Matthew. He will be in constant danger." I said a bit annoyed. For a second I thought that Alberto would freak out but it was now freaking me out how calm he was about it. I mean, I just told him all this and he just had a normal reaction to it.

"I know but I think you should leave it to Matthew. At the end of the day he knows with who he is dealing with and you have no idea who they are or what they want from Matthew." Alberto said and I sighed. I nodded. I knew that he was right but knowing that Matthew could be in danger everyday, I couldn't help but find out why.