𝟏𝟏) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

Zade was already in the parking lot of the hospital but Inara opens the door even before he has shut off the engine. He could see both Abir and Ivory standing at the entrance. They say something to Inara and she rushes inside with Abir.

Zade shuts the engine off and gets out to follow them inside but Ivory stops him.

"She seems to be drunk. Would you mind bringing her some coffee?" Ivory sweetly asks.

"But..." Zade wanted to say that she was sober enough but Ivory points at the right side of the building,

"The cafeteria is that way."

Zade nods and rushes to bring some coffee. Abir comes out with a deep sigh.

"How is she?" Ivory asks about Inara.

"Talking to the doctor," He then looks in the direction where Zade went, "Did he see or hear anything?"

"Not that I know of," Ivory bites her lip. It could get more dangerous than it already is if the Blue Moons get involved in this.

"Remember, Ivory. Victor already knows that Inara doesn't have her memories nor her powers. He is restraining himself because harming a human will only bring disciplinary action on him." Abir warns.

"And being the in charge of this town, he can't let that happen!" Ivory nods, "But I think Zade is already suspecting Inara."

"Then we have to make sure to keep him out of this. He is drawn to her scent and it wouldn't take him long to identify that she isn't a human but a wolf and from which pack 'she' is," Abir looks worriedly in the direction of Inara inside.

"But his pack had already helped Inara's pack before..." Ivory doesn't get it. If Zade comes to know the truth, he will definitely help Inara.

"It was before the 2nd war, Ivory. Zade and his close family went on a six-year hiatus only to come back and find the rest of his pack wiped from the face of the earth," It pains Abir to even say this. He knows the guilt of losing their whole pack when you were responsible for their lives.

"Because he doesn't know what happened to Inara's pack. If we just tell him the truth..." Ivory suggests.

"No! This is way beyond just telling the truth. The Black Alders (Victor's pack) completely destroyed the Blood Stone pack (Inara's pack) and the Blue Moon Pack (Zade's pack). But Victor made it seem like the Blood Stones fled after destroying the Blue Moons. How can we even explain it to Zade?"

"The Elders don't allow us to indulge in war details, there are no written chronicles or anything about the 2nd war. Tell me, how can we tell him the truth without any proof? The minute he gets to know who is in that hospital, what do you think Zade will do?" Ivory dreads that question. She knows Zade will kill Inara's brother.

"He never saw Inara before?" Ivory asks him.

"I don't know. He fought beside the Alpha of the Blood Stone pack in the first war. He might not recognize Inara but her brother, he will rip his head off. We have to keep them apart."

Abir looks determined to keep this secret.

"Victor might become a problem too." Ivory reminds him, "The Black Alders may seem to be silent but Victor's antics say otherwise. He keeps making Inara remember her memories."

"Even though his sense of smell is gone, he is still cunning," Abir agrees. There is nothing more dangerous to Inara than Victor. He doesn't know what is it that he wants but he doesn't want to find out.

"I keep telling Inara to wear the perfume you gave me but she refuses every time," Ivory pouts. That perfume is actually a mix of some herbs which will tone down Inara's wolf scent. Even though she doesn't remember her true form and is technically a human now, she sometimes smells like a wolf, giving the wrong impression to other wolves like Zade.

"You need to make her wear it. It will keep her away from other wolves and Zade...." Abir was about to say more but when Inara walks out to the front, he stops.

"How is Kyros?" Abir asks, holding her shoulders.

"He is better now. His heart rate increased suddenly but he is stable," She presses her forehead indicating that she has a headache.

"Have some coffee," Zade arrives and hands her the coffee. Inara smiles a little taking the coffee and goes back inside, with Ivory following her closely behind.

"Abir, I just heard a name, I don't know if I heard it right but..." Zade was sure he heard Kyros.

But why would Inara be taking care of Kyros? Why is Kyros back in town?

"I think it has been a long night..." Abir fakes a yawn because he doesn't want to answer his question. The more he lies, the more Zade would catch up soon, "You should go home. See you tomorrow," He walks back inside, waving his hand.

Zade walks to his own car, devastated.

"I am sure she said Kyros. But..." Zade awakened from his thoughts by his cell phone ringing. It was Evelyn calling. He picks up the call with a head full of questions.

"Where the fuck are you? Why isn't there any food in the house? You want me to die starving?" her complaints start but Zade was in no mood to listen.

He had to meet Odin.

Inara wasn't a wolf but she has a unique scent and even a mating mark. Zade couldn't smell her mate on her which means her mate is no more. But the mark was still as fresh as ever. What sorcery was this?

"I am going to Odin," He tells Evelyn and before she could say anything, he cuts the call and switches off his phone.

Zade is very confused. He knocks at the door of his ancestral home, hoping to find some answers.

"Is it possible that a mating mark can disappear?" he asks Odin, their teacher.