Chapter 1, Tygren Voltaris

Hope you like this first chapter!!!!!!

Nora Voltaris' P.O.V.

I am a Voltaris, as you might know. Unlike most of my clanmates, I aim to bring peace. My two friends, Tygren and Ember, also think alike. Tygren is twelve years of age, Ember is eighteen, and I am also twelve. It might confuse you that I'm friends with an eighteen year old. However, me and Ember share the same goals and that's all you need to know.

"Come on, Tygren!" Ember shouted at the Voltaris trailing behind us.

"I hate Ingressus!" He shouted back as he trudged along.

"Hey!" I called, "You should be glad no one heard that!"

After what seemed like an eternity, Tygren stumbled up to the duo, panting and gasping for air.

"I'm finally here-" the young Voltaris grumbled breathlessly.

Ember, however, had used this time to pull way ahead of her friends. She stood on the mountain peak, shouting down impatiently for them to hurry up.

"Well then, come on!" Ember shouted from the top.

"How did you-" Tygren started, but he sighed and gave up on the train of thought. His shoulders sagged as he imagined another dreadful ascent. "Never mind."

Ingressus was waiting for us at the top. I saw Tygren's eyes widen when he realized that the Master could have heard his disrespectful remark.

"Uh- Ky'Ingressus!" Tygren stammered, surprised.

"Me and Ember have been waiting for you, Tygren." Ingressus gave Tygren a strange look.Tygren seemed to understand and dropped his gaze, ashamed.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled.

Ingressus put his hand on his shoulder. "There's no need to be sorry." he comforted.

I watched as Ingressus led my friend into a cave. Tygren had been called here for an assembly, he said.

"Bye, Nora! See you after the meeting!" Tygren said as he walked into the cave.

I was waiting patiently for Tygren to finish when it hit me. What if Tygren was required to fight in the War? Was this what the meeting with the Clan Master about? I don't want him to die! I struggled to calm myself. Maybe it was just a normal meeting, nothing this serious. I hoped my earlier thoughts were wrong.

Please be safe, I worried.

Thankfully, my dismal train of thought was interrupted by Ember.

"Is Tygren going to be safe?" she half-wondered, half-asked. When she saw the unsettled look in my eyes, my friend took a seat beside me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, Ingressus seems to treat Tygren like a son." Ember clarified.

I sucked in a breath and puffed out my chest. "That doesn't mean that he wants Tygren dead." I said confidently. But on the inside, my mind screamed out Tygren's demise.

"Yeah," Ember stood up and walked back to where she once stood, "I guess you're right."

I wonder what she was thinking. Why was she behaving like this? Am I also acting strange? 

After a couple minutes- or hours- I couldn't tell, Tygren exited the cave, drooping sadly.

"Tygren!" I ran up and hugged my friend, but I knew something was off. "What's wrong?" 

"I'm- joining the War." As he said this, I saw his eyes fill with sadness and worry.

"Oh." I looked at the ground in disappointment.

"Tygren!" an adult Voltaris called, "Come!"

"Bye-" Tygren quickly said over his shoulder as he hurried back into the cave. Unlike other times, his farewell wasn't as happy as it usually was. 

"Nora!" Ember asked as she ran over to me, "Where is Tygren?"

I sat back down on the snow, heartbroken.

"He's joining the War." I knew that Tygren was going to die. He was too young to hold his own against fully trained warriors with Songs.

"Nora?"

I looked at Ember bleakly, tears threatening to flow.

"Tygren will be okay."

"No, he won't!" Ember's eyes widened in fear. "He's going to die! I know it!"

She grabbed my shoulders and gave me a shake. I snapped out of my misery and wiped tears from my eyes, looking at the path down the mountain.

"Let's just go home." I said looking at the path.

"Good idea."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!

Chapter edited by @Ingressus_Voltaris