33: Holiday Exams

Comincia dall'inizio

"I don't feel like a few weeks apart counts as very often, but okay," Yoongi laughed, grip around his bag tightening a little. "I used to stay inside, remember?"

"Oh, yeah." Jimin felt a little bad for forgetting that not-so-small detail, but Yoongi didn't seem to be too miffed about it, so he ignored his churning guts and moved on. "What's in the bag?"

"Just some equipment, y'know, my notebook, random pieces of paper I use to write notes, no biggie," Yoongi said with a shrug, shaking the material gently in his grip, careful not to damage any of the precious items it contained. "So what are your plans for the day, Jiminie?"

Jimin choked down a swallow at the nickname, having not expected it coming. It struck a chord from somewhere inside him in a sense that didn't necessarily feel calming, and he didn't like it; it reminded him of what was going on at the moment, and it temporarily dampened his confidence, though he didn't know why. 

So he opted for the easy way out of the guilt crowding his mind, even if he did hear the nickname from his boyfriend.

Or whatever Jeongguk was to him at the moment.

"Please don't call me that," he said, shaking his head vigorously, expressing his dislike for the nickname. "You can call me something else, but not that."

Yoongi took a moment to process, and as soon as he did, he took to waving his arms wildly in the air. The gesture had Jimin's head spinning, eyes trying to follow his arms as they flailed about, confused. Yoongi and his reactions to things were sometimes minimal, and other times they were horribly over the top.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even ask," the older boy sighed, reaching an arm out for no reason, possibly to express his apology in a visual way, just in case his words didn't mean enough. He kicked a shoe at the snow surrounding the pavement, a light pink tinting his features.

When he didn't say anything, Jimin decided to speak up, "It doesn't have to be super fancy, you can—"

"How about Minnie?" Yoongi asked suddenly, interrupting him, not realizing he had done so. "Is Minnie okay?"

From somewhere within him, his heart melted. Although it wasn't all the same, it was a feeling close to the one that occurred when Jeongguk first called him "Jiminie". It had a sense of nostalgia to follow, but it made him happy rather than sad.

"Yeah," he answered softly. "That's fine. I like that one, actually."

"Good. Minnie it is!" Yoongi grinned. "So, Minnie, what are your plans for the day?"

"Umm, I'm going to get coffee..." Jimin said, feeling considerably happier than before, the dampener lifted. "Then I have classes and all that later today, but those aren't happening until after noon. And of course exams are coming up and I'm not really prepared, but I have all evening free so that's nice."

Jimin's plans weren't all that interesting, if he stopped to think about it. But that didn't matter too much to him at the moment.

"Is anyone ever really prepared though?" Yoongi chuckled, fiddling with his glove. "I've been around long enough to know that no one's ever really prepared. Unless our definitions of the word are completely different."

"I guess not," Jimin shrugged, knowing he had a lot of prep to do, but ignoring it to enjoy the present. "Do you want to come with me? To go inside, I mean."

He looked to the side for a moment, squinting to watch inside the building, admiring the way the lights twinkled through the glass and light yellow colored exterior walls matched the sunlight. The aesthetic made him feel warm and fuzzy inside, almost as though it was his home.