052

TAEHYUNG POV

"Do you want a drink or something?" I ask Jungkook after a couple seconds of sitting in an awkward silence.

"Water will do me thanks"

"Basic bitch" I mumble under my breath (not @ me who legit only ever drinks water cuz they r a fussy bitch 😭)

"Huh?" "nothing"

I quickly fill a cup with water and give it to him, receiving a quiet thank you from him and then falling back into silence.

"Taehyung we need to talk" Jungkook says seriously, breaking the silence.

"About what?" I say even though I know exactly what he wants to talk about.

"You know- about our... kiss?"

"Oh that..."

Silence overcomes both of us once more.

"Okay I'm going to right out say it- I have feelings for you" Jungkook blurts out, "oh my fuck I don't know where that confidence came from"

"Jungkook..."

"It's fine you don't have to like me back, I just needed to get that off my chest"

"No jungkook- I think... I like you too"

"You do?" Jungkook meets my gaze, hope shining through his pupils.

"I'm honestly not sure" I sigh looking down to stare at the kitchen table, "I mean we basically just met, but every time I meet your gaze a blush forms on my face and every time you touch me I get these stupid butterflies in my stomach and-"

I feel Jungkook's fingers lifting my chin so our gazes meet once more. I feel my cheeks heat up at the action.

"It's okay Taehyung, I'm not going to force anything on you, but please, when you're ready, give me a chance" Jungkook pleads and I can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"I think I'm ready"

"What?"

"I'll give you a chance"