1. Just dudes being dudes

An exasperated, drawn-out sigh escaped the not so new but still incredibly inexperienced fire lord. He ruled over the entire fire nation with confidence and grace, yet evidently could not face a simple social event with even a fraction of the same attitude.

"Relax would ya? The whole gang is going to be back together for the first time in a year. You should be excited" A familiar teasing came from Zuko's bed. Sokka had let himself in earlier this evening, already dressed in his best attire, and dropped theatrically on Zuko's freshly made bed with little regard concerning pleasantries that were expected for the Fire Lord.

"How can I relax?" Zuko groans, turning to glare at his annoyingly calm friend, "this outfit looks ridiculous Sokka, and what if they don't like me anymore? Spirits this is dreadful, maybe I can call it off-" He began rambling, his hands patting down the red fabric frantically as he did so.

"Alright seriously, chill. They love you and you know it so shut up, and hey, that outfit is barely different from your usual"

"It's tighter" Zuko complains. Sokka rolls his eyes, pulling himself off the bed reluctantly to stand behind Zuko - who was glaring into the mirror as though he were waiting to grow a second head.

"Just shows of your rocking bod more" Sokka winks, slapping Zuko's ass playfully before turning his friend around and flattening the collar properly.

Zuko pouts, his head falling in defeat to rest upon Sokka's shoulder. "Shut up, like you know what looking stupid feels like. You look ridiculously hot in anything, it isn't fair"

"Hey, that's just my natural charm, can't blame me for that" He grins, it only widening as his remark earns a pointed glare from Zuko.

"Seriously though, you look great alright? Now stop being such a baby" Sokka reprimands, tucking a carefully placed strand behind Zuko's ear.

Zuko takes it straight back out, making his way to the mirror once more, prepared to compulsively check over his appearance when a rather loud knock sounds at his door.

He sighed. This was a travesty indeed. "What is it?" He calls, heading for the doors, barely keeping himself from tripping over his robes when an excitable Sokka shoved ahead of him.

"Oh, ambassador Sokka, Good evening. Might I ask that you inform Fire Lord Zuko his guests are arriving now?" A soft voice requests, Zuko watching in dismay as Sokka nods triumphantly.

"You hear that Jerk-lord? Party's starting" Sokka winks, grabbing Zuko's hand and dragging him out of the comfort and isolation of his room.

"Fantastic..." He mutters as he allows himself to be pulled around corners and through hallways.

They reached the main hall moments later and were utterly flabbergasted at the outcome of the last few days. Rows of brightly lit lanterns were hanging from the ceiling, tables of the finest food lined the back walls. It was decorated with Fire Nation scrolls and paintings in any areas that might have looked uninviting or plain had they not been there.

It all looked so official Zuko had to take a deep breath.

He never would've hosted a party if Sokka hadn't been so spirit damned adamant about it. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all...

Sokka smiles, nudging his friend before taking it all in himself. Crowds of people who were well aquatinted with each other were beginning to form in small circles. All sorts of people, there were friends from past adventures, officials of every kingdom and special guests Zuko had invited from the fire nation villages he'd visited.