The Foreign Land and Sky

Depuis le début

Byleth would have tried to hide but having light green hair doesn't leave you much of an option of discretion.

"We need to alert the others," Petra said and began dragging Byleth.

They soon managed to find everyone else taking refuge in the ruins of a small fortress.

"Damn, do you think the church followed us here?" Felix called out.

Edelgard nodded her head, "I believe so, they probably intercepted Petra's letters" she said while shaking her head.

Petra bowed, "My apologies, I was not meaning to endanger us" she said.

"It's not your fault Petra" Byleth said "Well I guess it just means less church soldiers to fight later" she added while shaking her head.

"That's a bit morbid," Ingrid said while shaking her head.

"Byleth!" Bernadetta yelled "This is bad! The enemy's already here!" she added.

Dammit.

"Ok, we need to fight our way to wherever it is that the Brigid troops are, that way they are able to reinforce us" Byleth said.

Petra nodded, "Right!" she said, "There is a stronghold nearby in the west" she said "That may be where my friends are being imprisoned" she added.

Byleth nodded, "Alright, we need to stay together and get Petra to the western stronghold" she reiterated, "Now come on, let's go" she commanded and left from the stronghold they were hiding in.

Hilda:

So much for a vacation.

Although Hilda should have expected something like this to happen to them, it always did, didn't it?

Hilda stayed close to Byleth, her survival was guaranteed that way.

Or... Maybe it would be best to go beside someone else, the church did want her...

Nah, she was still the safest person to be with regardless of that.

"Be careful everyone," Byleth hissed then pointed at some soldiers not too far from where they were.

"We can't hide forever Byleth, they know we are here" Felix whispered back, "I'll charge at them then you swoop in" he said and before Byleth could object or accept the plan Felix ran at the nearest soldier, swinging his blade at them.

"Dammit Felix!" Byleth shouted and ran after him.

Well.

There went that plan.

Hilda sighed and grabbed her axe, now it was just all out battle.

A cavalry unit came rushing at her, ugh.

Hilda swung her axe at them, the soldier toppled off to the floor and one of the archers from behind her finished them off.

"Are you alright Hilda?" Ignatz asked.

Hilda nodded, "Yup, thanks to you Ignatz" she said in a sing- song voice "But... Now isn't the time for praise, come on" she added and rushed off to her next opponent.

Eventually they managed to clear out the church soldiers from that area.

"We are almost reaching my men" Petra called out as she guided them through the terrain.

"Everyone stay close" Byleth called out while glaring at Felix. He simply shrugged.

"They are there" Petra called out and pointed in the direction of three soldiers.