㉝You Want Me To Tell You What I Want?

Start from the beginning

"Wait, I'm serious," Jeongguk retorted and got a low chuckle in response. "Don't laugh at me. Seriously, I'll do it."

"What are you going to do, little bun? You're talking like you know what I want when you don't know shit." The words spewed from him thoughtlessly in a tone that was a fraction sterner than he wanted.

Jeongguk's bottom lip peeked out as a scowl burst onto his face. "You're an ass," he hissed and sprang up from his seat.

"Jeongguk." He groaned once he saw him storm away with long legged-strides. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He surged behind him in a blaze of frustration. "I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have said that." He followed him to the bedroom and then the closet, but the younger was fast enough to shut the door in his face and lock it. "Yah!" He banged on the door on repeat. "Please, don't overreact."

"I will overreact as much as I want to! Go away," Jeongguk growled back as he sat beside the door.

"Okay. I'm sorry, really. It was mean and stupid and I shouldn't have said that. Can you not be mad at me now?"

"No."

"Jeongguk! Come on." He waited for any response but got nothing. "Are you really not going to talk to me now?" His hand contracted into a fist as he received silence once again. "Okay, I'm going to break the door if you don't open it in ten seconds."

"Don't do anything stupid. You'll get hurt."

"Then open the fucking door, please." He tapped his foot against the floor, waiting for something to happen, but of course, it didn't. "Get away from the door."

Panic braised in Jeongguk's gut as he scrambled to push himself to his feet. Is he really going do it? Without contemplating it more, he unlocked the door and yanked it open.

"Did you mean it?"

"What?"

"You want me to tell you what I want?"

Fingers digging into his palms, Jeongguk mustered up any fragment of courage and nodded, determined. "Yes."

Taehyung edged closer, his eyes riveted on his anxious face. He brushed his hair back with both hands until he wrapped his fingers around his nape, holding it in a loose grip. The churning of frustration and turbulence melted away from his gaze and something soft and fond took its place instead as he peered into the nervous boy. "I want you, little bun."

The soft-spoken statement rendered Jeongguk speechless, eyes grew rounder, mouth parted in astonishment.

"And no, I don't mean to sleep with you. I want to know you like no one else does. I want to make you laugh and keep you safe and happy. I want to cook for you and give you my clothes to wear to sleep. I want to do so many things with you and I never had this need before. I never needed anyone. Why do I keep asking for you? Why do I keep needing you in my life?"

Taehyung's warm, desperate gaze stayed locked with his shocked one. He pressed a long, tender kiss on his forehead, his lips lingering there more than usual. "I don't expect you to say anything. You simply asked me what I want, and I told you. Don't feel like you have to say anything back or return these feelings. I understand, and I don't want to pressure you—"

"Damn it, Tae," he said, his voice heavy with exasperation. "Why are you ruining the moment?"

"What?"

"Aren't you supposed to be kissing me now or something?"

His frown of bewilderment vanished as his eyes popped. Too staggered to trust his voice at the moment, he swallowed and cleared his throat. "You want me to?"