Jane Unwin

Hey, I'm Jane Unwin, Eggsy's older sister. I'm 21 and have been working for Kingsman for exactly 12 months and 11 days now. A year ago, my stepfather tried to abuse me, that was when I decided to finally leave my family and go see the world. I wanted to find a place where I belonged, a place I could call my home. I found that place the day I accidentally ran into agent Harry Hart on one of his missions in Switzerland. Harry was hurt and I saved his ass, and in order to thank me, he introduced me to Kingsman. When he found out whose daughter I was, he was even more taken aback and soon I became Kingsman's first female agent.

Today, 12 months later, our colleague, agent Lancelot, got killed by one of our enemies and our boss Arthur told us all to find a new possible candidate. After a quick chat, I managed to persuade Harry to pick my brother together with me. Since Eggsy was still believing that I ran off to Australia with some Australian backpacker guy and never came back, I thought it would be better if Harry went to pick him up. Right now, I am waiting nervously for their arrival at the Kingsman Base.

"Come on, we're late." I hear Harry's voice at the entrance. Excitement rushes through my veins. I haven't seen my little brother for ages. "Late for what? Where are you taking me?" Eggsy asks. "There's someone waiting for you behind that door. Someone who hasn't seen you for a while now." I get up from the armchair and start walking towards the door, as Harry opens it from outside and steps into the room. He greets me with a warm smile before he moves away so Eggsy can come inside. But my brother just froze. "Jane?" he finally manages to ask, voice all shaky, body trembling. "What... I thought you were in Australia..." I throw myself into his arms, overwhelmed by happiness and relief. "Eggsy, oh god, you are okay, Dean didn't hurt you. Oh lord, I was so worried about you. How are mum and the baby?" Behind Eggsy's back, Harry gives me a hint that he's leaving again, trying to give us some privacy. He also taps on the watch on his wrist, telling me not to be late for the assignment of the candidates. Thankful, I nod in his direction.

After telling me how things are at home, Eggsy pops the question he wanted to ask the entire last year. "So, were have you been all this time? And what are you doing here? Have you actually just become a spy, Jane?" Yes. Yes, I have. I tell him everything. How I left England to finally see the world and forget about our abusing stepfather. How I only got until Switzerland before a certain agent stepped into my life. How I saved Harry's ass and was proposed as the new Kingsman agent. How they found out about our real father and wanted me to work for them even more. And how I accepted the offer and never regretted it to this day.

Then it is time and I take my brother to the other candidates. Merlin is waiting for us at the end of the corridor. He waves Eggsy through, sending him into the room with the others, before he turns to me. "Percival, good to see you. It has been a while." I smile at him and nod. "Good to see you too, Merlin." He makes a tick next to my name on the candidate list. Theres only one agent left who still didn't bring anyone to the assignment. "Do you happen to know where Galahad is?" I look at him a bit confused. "Harry and I chose the candidate together. I believed Arthur would tell you." Merlin shrugs. "Well, he hasn't. Maybe he thought it was clear." Now I am even more confused. "What was clear?" "That you and Harry would choose one together. God Jane, it was SO clear that you two would definitely not bring different candidates that were going to fight each other." I sigh. "Is it really this obvious, Hamish?" He grins and puts his hand on my shoulder. "One glance from Harry and all remaining doubts are washed away, my friend."