Sunrises and Coffee

This chapter gonna be in yams p.o.v sooooo yeah let's jump right into it  😼

t.w//bullying and homophobia

      Waking up five minutes before my alarm goes off is normally such an awful start to my day, but for some reason I was in a really good mood. Maybe it was my excitement to walk to school with Tsukki, maybe it was just the beautiful sunrise I could see our of my window. I know that Tsukki isn't a morning person (honestly he isn't an any time of day person), so I was going to surprise him with a coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. I quickly got ready, putting on a scarf and thick jacket for the chilly fall day, then I got brewing. Once the coffee was done, I got my bag and set out to meet up with Tsukki.

     "Hey Yamaguchi," I hear from behind me, quickly turning around with a big grin on my face.

     "Tsukki! Look, I made us coffee, and I brought you a bagel! " I exclaimed, watching a small smile form on his usually stoic face. Tsukki just took the coffee and bagel with a small appreciative nod, but he didn't start to drink it, "I know you don't like your coffee very hot, so I put some ice cubes in it! You can drink it now." Tsukki's smile grew wider, and he looked a little embarrassed as he took a sip of his drink.

     We walked to school with a comfortable silence hanging over us, enjoying our dark roast and admiring the hues of browns, ambers, and dandelions of the trees, the crunching of fallen leaves under our feet the only sound we could hear. Tuesday was already going great.

     Morning practice went well, or as well as it normally does. There's always going to be bickering between Kageyama and Hinata, and scolding of said first years from the third years. Although the whole team was extra rambunctious today, I managed to survive practice. Afterwards, I changed into my school uniform, said my goodbyes to Tsukki and the team, and set off to my first (and least favorite) class. No one in volleyball club was in this class, some of the most rotten luck I've ever had. I walked through the doorway to see most of the class loudly chatting about the quiz today, but two of the boys laughing and talking at their desks that were a little to the left of mine caught my eye.

     As I approached my desk, I saw crude scribbles in black expo marker all over it. I set my bag down and sat in my seat assuming that the person sitting at this desk before me forgot to clean it off. As I was getting ready to wipe the note off my desk, I began to read it.

    Tadashi Yamaguchi, you are an annoying, ugly, freakish FAG.

     I couldn't understand what was going on. I stared wide eyed at that short sentence written in that chipped desk until the two boys I noticed earlier sauntered over to me. The taller one with black hair clasped his hand on my shoulder while the other leaned on my desk.

     "Hey Yamaguchi," the taller teen said, "How do you like our note? We felt like we needed to tell you how we felt about you before you tried to get with us." I didn't believe this was happening to me again. I couldn't get myself to avert my gaze from the black marks on my desk, but the feeling of a hand grasping my chin took me out of my trance.

     "Well? Are you going to respond to him? Or are you just a stuttering coward? Nevermind," the shorter boy with glasses who had been leaning on my desk said while pulling my face up to look at his, " I know you're a stuttering coward! " I could feel my face getting red and my eyes beginning to tear up as the two bullies began to chuckle. Before they could continue with their speech, the teacher walked into the classroom and they sat down. I wiped the sentence off my desk with my sleeve, slightly discoloring one of my only good shirts.

     I managed to keep myself from bawling like I was back in elementary for the duration of the test, but when class ended, I quickly ran to the bathroom and began to sob. I could feel all of the memories of elementary school rush back to me as I tried to calm myself down, squeezing one arm close to my stomach, fingernails digging into my side, and using my other hand to muffle my cries. I didn't even remember I was supposed to meet with Tsukki after class, I was too busy feeling warm tears roll down my cheeks and the cold bathroom stall door on my back. Until I heard my phone ding. Looking over, I saw Tsukki's profile picture flash on my lockscreen. Shit.

I promise that this fic is gonna be more than angst, but the bullying is not a one time thing :'(