𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯. 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞

Cora

"CUT!"

we don't stop. it's been far too long, and neither of us make the effort to pull away.

"cut?"

his hand cups my face, reminding me of the that I'm yet to feel it wrapped around my-

okay, that's enough existing for today.

"or not. just keep on going, that's fine. enjoy your kiss I guess," the director says awkwardly.

a few loud coughs and stifled laughter from Tom finally give us the push we need to put distance between us once again.

my eyes slowly make their way upwards to meet his blue eyes, which are already looking at me. As I scan over the face which simultaneously caused me so much pain while bringing about my happiest moments, I realize we both have the biggest smiles on our faces.

the moment is partially ruined yet also made better by a hushed whisper from the other side of the room. "yeah, zendaya? you owe me fifty dollars... mhm... no, it was a full on make out... hey, no! the deal was NOT them having sex, it was..." he trails off as he notices we're all staring at him. "okay I'll call you back later"

"it was not a make out!" the words burst out of both me and Jaden at the same time, causing a series of snorts and eye rolls between the crew packing up their equipment.

"for two people who were quite reluctant to kiss, let alone sing together, neither of you seemed awfully eager to pull away right there," the sound assistant smirks.

"well I didn't hear him say cut," Jaden says. His finger wraps around his belt loop, the motion happening to be his tell.

"yeah the sounds of your lips smacking probably drowned that out"

both of us turn to glare at Tom, but crack under the first few seconds. It's impossible to stay mad when the equivalent of a puppy is staring at you with that irritating little smirk of his. God, I have a strong disliking for my friends.

•~•~•~•~•

"so"

"so..."

we both fidget awkwardly as we try to make conversation while waiting for Bryce to come pick Jaden up.

"you still have that Honda Civic?" we both chuckle at the memory of the entire Sway house crammed into one car, with Quinton on the roof because he's a 'freshman', and Amelie, Dixie, and I happily laying in the trunk.

"fortunately, no. we all have actual cars now."

"what model did-" my question is cut off by a loud screeching sound as Bryce skids up to the sidewalk next to us. The passenger door opens up automatically, revealing the face grinning at us from inside.

"so what's this I heard about you making out?"

before I can even respond, Jaden slams the car door and turns back to me. "uh so you know how we have movie nights every other week?" he asks hesitantly.