𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐢𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

Jaden

I never took Cora to be the degrading type, especially to someone who has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Mads has never insulted anyone to the point of calling someone a slut. And then she expects me to believe Mads would turn against HER OWN friends?

I guess it just shows... when people have this much power, they think they're invincible to everything.

I thought we had a connection. In fact, I was headed to her room to ask her out on another date. I figured I would try pursuing something with her.

and what do I hear?

oh, just my current crush calling my ex girlfriend a bitch.

"Yo dude, what the fuck was that?"

I glance up to see Bryce, Kio, and Griffin glowering at me. "Did I do something?" I snap, not in the mood to take any of their shit.

"Are you serious right now?" Griffin glares at me.

"you realize we hear everything that goes down in that room, right? We heard you yelling at Cora over fucking Mads of all people?" Bryce chimes in.

"What's your problem with Mads?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that she broke your heart?!"

"I'm over that," I roll my eyes, turning away from them.

Instantly, Kio grabs my shoulders and forces me to stand in front of him. "Over that? Tell that to Cora, who stayed up all night to make sure you were able to sleep. She refused to rest until she was sure your nightmares had stopped. Oh, and you wanna know what the nightmares were about?"

"What?" Griffin asks, seemingly playing into the situation.

"Oh, right," Bryce joins in.

"MADS!" they all yell in unison.

"she stayed up all night for me?" my voice
cracks slightly.

"yes."
"yes!"
"YES!"

"that doesn't give her an excuse to call Mads a bit-"

"goddamnit Jaden, guess who called Cora a slut?"
"Mads," Kio and Griffin echo.

"guess who told Charli that she wasn't good enough for Chase, and that she's the reason everyone is fighting?"
"Mads," they say.

"And guess who rejected Cora completely when she asked her to start over and forget this happened?"
"MADS!"

I open my mouth to talk, but no words come out. "Listen Jaden, you're a good guy, and we all know you're on edge because of this whole situation. But Cora doesn't deserve this treatment, man. She's my best friend," Kio says quietly, hands back on Jaden's shoulders.

"Don't lose your chance with her buddy," Josh says.

when the fuck...

"I was in the bathroom," he adds on when he sees my confused expression.
"takin a shit," Bryce sings.

"guys?" Kio asks.

"uhhh right."
"anyways, the POINT is... what was the point?"
"Bryceee," Griffin groans.

"We were talking about how Cora deserves the world and how he," Kio points at me. "how he has to get his head out of his ass and fix things with her."