CH. 2

I opened my eyes and gasped for air as if someone was choking me the entire time I was sleeping. I feel my own heart beating fast inside my chest as I tried to calm my senses. I pulled myself up from the bed and found myself lying on top of my old mattress with my favorite unicorn bed sheet that I have always loved when I was in high school. I looked around the entire room and realized that I was inside my mom's house. I reached my mom's house last night?

Wait, what about the car accident?

I pulled my arms up and peeled the blanket off my legs and found no stain of wounds all over me. I rushed to my dresser to check myself, I didn't have any wound from the car accident last night. I was absolutely fine and nothing hurt in every corner of my body. My soul had left my body and I know I saw my own self being carried by the medics. I know I died last night.

My brows knitting in the middle of my forehead and was utterly speechless with what was happening to me because I know I was involved in a totally freaky car accident last night. I was thrown out from my car when another speeding vehicle hit me from behind. I saw a family of four unconscious and I saw the driver of that truck being pulled ou from the driver's seat. I know I stepped so hard on my brake trying to save my own life after I caught Charles cheating on me.

Charles.

I grabbed my phone and found one message from Charles.

Charles: Baby please talk to me. Let's not end it yet, please.

I ignored his message that he sent me an hour ago and left him on read. I realized that it was still nine in the morning of the 15th of July 2020. It was just a day after I broke up with him and I still don't understand how I got home last night. What about the car accident?

I sat on my bed and felt weirded out of what just happened to me because it was a dream.

The car accident was a dream but it felt so real.

I rushed out of my bedroom and looked for my mom to where I found her in the kitchen. I know she's cooking my favorite meal because every time I come home, she always cooks my favorites. I approached her as I watch her cook until she notices me.

"Oh, you're finally awake." She smiles.

And it was really my mom. "Mom." I called out seriously.

She looks back at me, "Yes Merry? Why do you look at me like that?"

"Do you see me?" I asked.

Her brows creasing, "What kind of question is that? Of course I see you."

"Do you really see me?"

"Are you on drugs?"

"No!" I answered right away.

"Then tell me why wouldn't I see you?" She placed the pancakes over the plates and holds my hand as she smiles at me, "Come and join me for breakfast."

We walk towards the table and settled on our seats. I stare at my mom intently who is eating right across me while she stares at me reluctantly. "America, why in actual hell do you look at me like that?"

"And you can hear my voice."

She sighs, "What is going on with you? Are you sick? If it's drugs, you better freaking stop it lady."

"Mom, no. I'm not taking any drugs." I sigh too. "I just... I had the weirdest dream and... it felt so real."

She looks at me reluctantly, "Some dreams are like that."

"But it's not the usual dream.... I... I saw myself... I felt like my soul left my body... I was in a car accident and I... saw myself mom. I saw myself almost lifeless as if I was already a soul. I knew that was what happened to me....." I trailed.