28: Flashbacks

____________________________________

flashback

/ˈflaʃbak/

noun

a scene in a film, novel, etc. set in a time earlier than the main story.

______________________________________

"I wanna be a strong hero so I can protect mama and papa when I grow up!" You cheered as you ran into the living room, wearing your makeshift hero costume.

Your mother had a soft smile on your face while your father seemed to be talking on the phone with an old friend.

"You want to be a hero, sweetie?" Your mother asked as she picked you up and pretended to fly with you in her arms.

"Like mama and papa!"

Your father hung up the phone after saying goodbye to the person on the other line then turned to you.

"There's a hero we want you to meet, Hana," Your father winked at you and chuckled, "I'm sure you'll be glad to see him."

Your eyes sparkled with wonder, "Even as strong as mama and papa?!"

"Yes! He's our old friend and he's very strong!" Your mother replied.

"He said he'll be here in less than 20 minutes," Your father whispered in your mother's ear, as if he wanted you to hear.

Now you really wanted to meet him.

About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang.

You ran behind your father as he walked over to the door to open it for your surprise guest.

"Toshinori!" You hid behind his leg as he greeted his friend.

Over the next few months, Toshinori, or as you liked to call him, Uncle Toshi would come visit your parents from time to time.

After the appearance of your quirk, his visits became more frequent as he would aid your parents in teaching you how to control your quirk.

Then that one fateful night occured. You remembered it very well.

The black smoke, the flames, and the voices that echoed in your head, causing you sleepless nights.

You layed sound asleep in the midst of all the chaos but the fire seemed to have little to no effect on you. The doctors said it was a miracle that you survived.

After the accident, he was the first one there.

Uncle Toshi was there during everything, like a true friend to your parents.