Sapnap's a Guitar Hero God

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" I asked.

He smiled softly, and I could tell he was still half asleep. He still had squinty eyes. "It's a surprise. I accidentally slipped. Oops."

I laughed, "Your mouth is almost as big as your head."

He chuckled and pushed himself back up to his feet. "Did you have breakfast yet?"

"I had a bowl of cereal."

He reached the fridge. "You want eggs?"

"Yes please. Your cereal tastes like cardboard."

He laughed. "How'd you sleep last night?"

"Fine," I replied. "I hate how early I woke up, though. I usually sleep in till ten or eleven."

"Sleep warm?" He turned to me and looked at me with a tired gaze as he shut the fridge with his foot and two eggs in his hand.

"Yeah."

"Yeah, I bet you did, you absolute blanket hog!" His voice crescendoed and rattled my ears.

"What? I am not!" I said with a grin. I had never really slept in the same bed as anyone before, but I knew I was not a blanket hog. I wasn't trying to be one, anyway. "And why does it matter? It's so hot!"

He laughed, "It's only hot, George, because you're buried under the blankets we were supposed to share! I was so fucking cold last night."

He wanted to play that game. "Yeah? Well what's with the tossing and turning, huh? You can not stay in the same place! You kicked the blankets off."

"I did not. You're lying." He turned the stove on and cracked the eggs into the pan.

"The bruises I'm gonna have on the back of my legs by the end of the three months say otherwise."

"Why are you guys so loud?" A low drowsy voice mumbled in the room next door. From the darkness emerged a very sleepy Sapnap. His eyes were barely open as he came stumbling into the kitchen, and he had a thin throw blanket draped over his shoulders. He flopped on the stool next to me.

"Yeah George," Dream scoffed.

"You yelled first," I said.

"I was in the middle of a dream, dude," Sapnap said. I turned to Dream, and he smirked. We were thinking the same thing.

"You were in the middle of me?" He asked. Sapnap didn't even catch the joke as he rested his head down on the counter.

"Come on, Sappy Nappy, get up," Dream said, leaning over and shaking Sapnap by the shoulder. "We're going to the beach today."

"Can I sleep at the beach?" He mumbled from between his arms.

"No. We have to show George what America's all about."

"We can't do that later?"

"No. Get up. I'll cook you an egg."

Sapnap sat up. "Can it be sunny side up?"

"Sure, Sapnap. It can be however you want."

***

Looking back, maybe leaving my hot home with broken air conditioning in London to go to an equally hot country in the summer was not the wisest plan. Maybe leaving in the winter would have been a better choice. I would take millions of layers over burning to a crisp and being slathered with sunscreen all day.

But Dream insisted on going outside when I was completely fine staying inside. Next thing I had known, I went from eating scrambled eggs at seven in the morning to walking down the pier that hovered over the sandy beach and cold ocean at nine.