Chapter18||Ricky's

Börja om från början

This feels good.

I slammed the glass down on the glass countertop, almost shattering it, earning me a few stares.

"One more." I squeezed my eyes shut and gestured once again to the bartender, who nodded in response, quickly pouring me another glass.

I grabbed the glass eagerly, bringing it to my lips, I paused midway when I felt an unfamiliar presence beside me.

"Hey, there stranger..." The brunette from earlier purred as she trailed her long fingers along my upper arm, causing me to internally cringe.

I turned around, fully facing her as my hand instinctively reached for the glass of whisky, I chugged it down without another thought.

After a few seconds, I began to feel lighter and more carefree.

I took in the brunette's appearance, she looked the epitome of a 'spoiled rich college brat.' She had droopy yet electric blue eyes and a sloppy smile that did not hide her drunken state. Her heavy, prima donna makeup was all smudged and looked downright outrageous.

I gave her a lazy grin that told her I was open to whatever she had in mind.

She flashed me a smile, before she gently dragged my arm, her fingers momentarily examining my muscular upper arm.

"Let's dance!" she swayed her body to the music in an attempt to lure me into dancing with her.

I was about to order another glass of whisky but there was already another glass waiting on the countertop. I don't remember ordering another glass of whisky, but I drank it anyway, allowing the brunette to lead me to the dance floor.

I felt relaxed and the only thing I could think of right now was the brunette in front of me and the way her hips moved along with the upbeat tune that boomed throughout the club.

I moved closer to her body as she continued to dance, grabbing her so suddenly that I even surprised myself.

I felt like I was here but not fully, because I kept on having flashes of glowing, browned caramel skin and a pair of hazel brown eyes that clouded my judgment. And ultimately, making me second guess my decision to do this.

What am I doing? I released the brunette from my hold, slowly backing away.

"I can't do this," I said mostly to myself, shuffling towards the bar.

I paid the bartender, telling him to keep the change before heading outside to my car.

Once I was outside, the change of atmosphere made me start to think logically again. The chilly but fresh air was like the perfect concoction for a slap in the face. I felt a tad like my normal self.

I opened the suicide door of my McLaren F1 and hopped in before anyone else could notice.

Because when you aren't exactly on the correct side of the law, speed is important. It becomes necessary for everyday life.

I eased out of the curb, quietly speeding onto the streets. At these hours the police are bound to be here at any time, due to the station being 35 minutes away.

I know this because I've been arrested...a few times before.

Not before long, I pull up at the mansion and fumble around with the keys for a bit.

I entered the house, shrugged off my jacket, and threw it over the couch.

Carefully, I approached my room door, knowing that Orianna would be in there fast asleep and I didn't want to wake her. I gently turned the knob and slightly, pushed the door open, wincing internally at how creaky it was.

My eyes scanned the entire room and stopped at the small sleeping figure curled into a fetal position in the center of my bed.

An instantaneous feeling of warmth flooded through my body which in return caused me to smile.

I quickly shook it off, spreading a blanket on the floor and laying on top of it. I closed my eyes and my mind wandered back to everything that happened earlier, dragging me into an oblivion of sleep.

***

A/N:

Hey guys! What did u guys think?

If u enjoy what I write you can leave a comment and vote.

-stay safe

~killerbeanqxeen