Chapter 4 - Endeavor

Start from the beginning

"You just-" Monoma began, but he was interrupted by a red haired girl who came running in.

"Oh my god. There you are!" She said. "I'm so sorry!"

"Kendo, not now." Monoma hissed. "I'm trying to-"

"-Insult the "1-A plebs," I know. But now isn't the time or place. Don't make me knock you out." She warned.

"You always ruin everything." Monoma muttered, but he followed her anyway.

'Well that was an experience.' Kakashi thought, and he went to class.

~~~

Saturday rolled around, and Kakashi got dressed to go to Todoroki's for dinner. He was fully prepared to move Todoroki out if it turned out that Endeavor was... harming him in any way, shape, or form.

"Do you need a ride?" Hizashi asked.

Kakashi shook his head and adjusted his tie for what had to have been the millionth time. He was pretty sure he tied it correctly, he'd looked it up on Goggel.

"I'm off." He said.

"Alright." Aizawa nodded.

Kakashi left the house and headed to Todoroki's. He wondered if Endeavor was like Danzo. Kakashi knew that Endeavor was raising his own little child soldiers, though not to the same extent that Danzo had been, and one might say that Endeavor is kinder than Danzo (which isn't a very high bar to pass), Todoroki was, in his own words, Endeavor's greatest creation.

Kakashi resisted the urge to wrinkle his nose as he knocked on the door.

"Oh! You must be Hatake-san!" A young woman in a light blue dress and a beige cardigan opened the door. She had long white hair and a kind smile.

"Kakashi, please." Kakashi stepped inside and took his shoes off.

"Alright Kakashi-san." She nodded. "I'm Shou's sister, Todoroki Fuyumi, but you can just call me Fuyumi to avoid confusion."

Kakashi thanked her and followed her into the house.

"I'll go get Shou." She said before disappearing up the stairs.

"Oh, you must be Shouto's friend." A young man who also had white hair sat down on the couch in front of him. "I'm his brother, Todoroki Natsuo."

Kakashi shook his hand. "Hatake Kakashi. Call me Kakashi."

"You call my brother Todoroki, right?" Kakashi nodded. "I guess you can call me Natsuo then, I don't really mind."

Todoroki entered the room. "Kakashi." He greeted.

"Todoroki." Kakashi inclined his head.

There was silence until Fuyumi spoke up, "Well. I'll finish dinner."

Kakashi knew that in this situation, it would be polite to offer help, but he didn't know these people very well, so he kept silent.

'I'm sorry about this.' Todoroki signed.

'It's fine. I don't mind.' Kakashi responded.

"That's not sign language, is it?"

"Is it?" Todoroki asked Kakashi.

"Maa, sort of." Kakashi shrugged.

The front door slammed open and both Natsuo and Todoroki stiffened. They stood up and began to set the table with practiced ease. The tension in their shoulders never left.

Endeavor stormed through the house and sat at the head of the table.

Fuyumi put the food on the table, Natsuo got the drinks, and Todoroki got the condiments.