• part 1 •

the sound of a harp filled the room, waking me up. my roommate's alarm is helpful cause i don't have to set my own.

     "y/n are you ready for today?" violet asked me.

     "wait don't tell me- is today the one month?"

     "yes! one more month til finals, i'm already so excited!"

     "can't wait!" i answered back.

     i started getting ready when delaney burst through the door. these two people were my closest and only friends.

     "y/n hurry up they're serving cinnamon muffins in the dinning hall!" delaney rushed.

     "i'm coming, i'm coming" i said.

sitting at the long ravenclaw table i ate a muffin while reading a book, a new one that one of my friends recommended. since i didn't get ready fast enough i didn't have much time before my first class. violet and delaney both had charms first, which sucked cause i had history of magic; though i did love that class.

holding my books against my chest i hurried into professor binns classroom. most of my classmates were already there so most of the seats were taken. i could sit next to some of the gryffindors or some of the slytherins- both places i didn't wanna sit, they could be really distracting in class. i was about to go sit by the gryffindors but someone else pushed past me and beat me to it. the gryffindor who took the seat turned back around and mouthed sorry. i sighed and turned back around and went to the seat by the slytherins.

     i put my books down on the table and pulled out my pens to get ready to write down some notes. crabbe goyle was sitting closet to me, and i made sure to keep and empty seat between me and the other slytherins.

     professor binns materialized in the center of the classroom and greeted us. right in the middle of him going over what we would be learning today, draco malfoy pushed the door open and walked in late.

     "10 points from slytherin for being late and your for rude interruption malfoy" professor binns clucked.

     i couldn't help but smile when he said that, serves him right. wait- draco's walking over here.

     "what are you smiling about y/n" draco sneered and he sat in the empty seat next to me and crabbe.

     "n-nothing" i stammered.

     "that's what i thought" he smirked.

     i felt my face heat up from the embarrassment, so i quickly turned my attention away from draco and to the lecture. i started writing down my neatly organized notes while draco on the other side of me messed around with crabbe's papers.

     the class went by sooner than i thought, and everyone started packing up their stuff. i was in the middle of putting my pens and notes away when draco grabbed my wrist. i froze and looked over at him.

     "since you're so kind y/n, you'll let me borrow your notes right?" he teased.

     "where are your notes" i said wide-eyed.

     "i didn't take any"

     "that doesn't sound like me problem" i replied.

     "oh, but you see, it is"

     "no it isn't!"

     draco grabbed my papers, "i'll give them back later tonight"

     "how am i supposed to get them back" i protested.

     "hmm, why don't you meet me in the library at 9?"

     "fine- but you better not mess them up!" i huffed back.

     "thanks y/n" he said with a sly grin on his face.

     he walked out of the classroom laughing with his friends. i rubbed my wrist and could feel my pulse pounding.

if you're actually reading this ily lmao don't shoot me if my grammar isn't perfect cause i'm probably messing something up, anyways the best part will most likely be up within the next day or two :)