Chapter 5

The kids found Mickey alone up on the roof and came over to the mouse. 

"I might as well face it, I've failed" Mickey frowned sadly. 

"You did your best, Mickey" Teeders said to the mouse, she and the other Akids coming to sit next to him. 

Mickey sighed thinking all hope was lost for him. Fortunately....

"Why so glum, Mickey?" A voice said, and the Akids all turned to see a familiar face appear. 

"Jiminy Cricket!? What are you doing here?" David asked the cricket. 

"I figured you all could use some guidance" Jiminy smiled to all of them. 

Mickey then explained his problem to Jiminy. "Well, I wanted to throw a party and make it a merry Christmas for everybody, but my good pal Donald's missing out" 

"Now, Mickey, the Christmas spirit doesn't come from a party. It comes from sharing the holidays with family and friends" Jiminy explained. "And it seems to me that Donald has the best friend anyone could want in you" 

"Awww, that's so sweet" Ann gushed while Brock rolled his eyes slightly at his twin sister's predictable comment. 

"Gee, I guess you're right, Jiminy" Kali said to the cricket. 

"Of course he's right, he's Jiminy Cricket!" Cynthia told her like it was obvious, which it was. 

"And all I wish is for everyone to have a merry Christmas" Mickey then said. "Even that humbug Donald" 

"Well gang, we haven't officially failed yet" Kali told her friends, knowing there were at least a good few minutes left in this story. 

"Have you ever wished upon a star?" Jiminy asked the mouse as they all looked up into the clear Christmas Eve night sky, seeing all the bright stars. "Your dreams just might come true"

"Gosh..." Mickey said while staring up at the stars. 

"Well, we wish that home or away" Kali started. 

"With family or friends" Teeders and David continued for her. 

"Whether you've got the fanciest decorations" Cynthia mentioned. 

"Or the humblest little tree" The twins then added in. 

"That... That everyone could have the Christmas spirit" Mickey said. 

Just then, the brightest star came down from the sky like magic and landed right in Mickey's hands. 

"Whoa..." The Akids all said in awe of the star. 

"Gosh..." Mickey smiled at the star in his hands. 

"We should go see Donald" Ann suggested. The others all agreed with her and started to head back down. 

Brock then pulled his big sister away for a moment to whisper to her. "Why is this scene so short?" 

"Because we're pressed for time" Kali simply replied, as the continued heading down. 

The gang eventually found Donald over by the fire place in his chair, still acting like a grump. 

"Say, uh, Donald?" Mickey spoke up, coming over to the duck. 

"What do you want?" Donald glared. 

"Well, I want my best friend to put the star on the tree" Mickey showed the bright glowing star in his hands. 

"You want me to do it?" Donald asked, suddenly getting a smile on his face. 

"Aw, you bet I do" Mickey said to his best friend.