I stomped out of the closet only to stop mid-stride when I caught Parker pulling his top off. His back was now bare to me, and boy was that one muscled back. The way the back of his biceps flexed as he took his tank top off got me hypnotized. I swallowed loudly not being able to take my eyes off from it. 

"Enjoying the view?" Parker turned around catching me gawking at him.

I scoffed and continued walking to left side of the exquisite king bed. I threw the thick, fluffy covers over and slipped in turning off the lamp on my side of the bed. "Good night Parker."

I deliberately faced my back to him and faced the other spacious side of the room. I tucked the edge of the covers in between my neck and shoulder. I felt the other side of the bed dip beside me indicating Parker also got in. I suddenly felt his warm body closer to mine than necessary. Then he boldly placed an arm over my waist, bringing me closer to him. I squeaked and tried to remove his arm but to no avail.

He brought his clean shaven face over the side of my head, and his fresh minty breath filled my nostrils. "I was hoping you'd be wearing the black, lacy nightgown on our first night together ma cheríe," his lips were so close to my ear. I tensed waiting for him to continue. "But then again, anything you wear would be taken off of you in an instant."

I was thanking the heavens that we were in complete darkness with the exception of the moonlight streaming in through the crack in the window curtains. I was blushing like mad! I didn't want to say anything in case my voice gave away that the slightest of his touch still managed to spark something in me. I despised how he could be so controlling one minute by ordering me to sleep in the same bed as him, and then all sweet and charming the next. This was going to be something that's going to drive me nuts!

A few seconds later while chuckling, he removed his arm from me and scooted to the other side of the bed. There was a safe distance between us, and I sighed in relief. My muscles relaxed, and I snuggled into my pillow closing my eyes. I was so dead-beat I fell asleep right away but not before I heard Parker murmur, "Sweet dreams, ma cheríe."

In the early hours of the morning, I felt Parker get up and soon heard the shower running in the en-suite bathroom. I peeked an eye open to see the sun wasn't even up then. I wondered where he was going at a time like this. I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes waiting for him to come out of the shower. I was about to fall asleep once again when finally, the door opened and Parker strode out fixing his tie.

"Where you going?" I mumbled sleepily trying to rise myself up higher.

"I have to go to the office," he answered walking over to my side of the bed. If it wasn't so early in the morning, and if I was more wide awake, I would've been shocked when he dropped a kiss on my forehead. "Sleep some more, ma cheríe. I'll check on the boys for you."

Check on the boys? I thought to myself. When did he start having a concern for my sons? I couldn't think more about it, however, when he tucked the covers over me again, my eyes drooped close and instantaneously was back to dreamland.

The next time I woke up, sunlight was steadily streaming through the unwanted cracks in the curtains. I sat up, shielding my eyes from the rays. I sighed, remembering last night and earlier this morning. I knew Parker could be a sweet guy, but he hides it often. I wasn't hoping on him keeping up the act. He was going to be back to his arrogant, egotistical self when he comes back later this evening.

I looked at the clock on the wall in front of the bed and saw it was ten minutes before seven. I decided to wake up and make some breakfast for my sons who were always hungry in the morning. When I stepped out of doors, I heard voices in the kitchen. My face frowning and heart racing for any potential danger, I cautiously walked and saw a man in a chef's uniform and another in a suit.