I started making my way to class, taking a large bite out of a green apple- I didn't go to breakfast much anymore. Usually, I dreaded potions. I hated seeing her there, sat at the back of the class completely at ease. Whereas I was failing potions, she, of course, was excelling. Was I bitter? Yes. But today I had new motivation.

Turning the corner, I tripped on something and almost fell over, my arms flailing as I tried to regain my balance. Looking down, I saw it was Filtch's nasty, smelly, scrappy cat. I pulled out my wand.

'Wingardium Leviosa.' I muttered under my breath, smiling with satisfaction as the grubby cat started floating in the air. Its freaky yellow eyes were wide with panic as it hovered, clawing the air frantically as if trying to swim through it. I would never admit it to anyone, but cats scared the shit out of me. I'm much more of a dog person.

I took another bite of my apple, crinkling my face at the sour tang. I'd have to get a house elf to order me a new batch when I got back to my dorm- these were unpleasantly sour. I hate sour things. Lemons are the worst. Green apples were usually so sour, but there's no way I'd be caught dead eating a red apple. Red equals griffindor and I don't want to be associated with them.

I sauntered into Snape's potion room. Game face on, Draco.

Rosie's POV

'Everyone gather around.' Snape announced, impatiently ushering the class around a table. On it was a small cauldron, with a shimmering pearly pink liquid frothing within. I stood on my tiptoes to try to peer further into the cauldron. The whole class seemed to be leaning towards it.

'Malfoy what are you doing eating in my class. Does this look like a cafe to you? Put it in the bin.' Snape glared at Draco, who was taking large bites out of his shiny green apple.

Draco merely rolled his eyes at the professor, taking a last bite of the apple before pulling out his wand and holding the apple out in front of him.

'Evanesco.' He said, causing the apple to disappear. The class was clearly impressed by his witty use of the vanishing spell and twittered in quiet admiration.

I rolled my eyes, silently smiling to myself. He always had to make things dramatic didn't he? He couldn't have just gone to the bin and chucked it in like any normal person, he had to show off.

Snape sighed loudly in exasperation and carried on with the lesson. I hadn't realised I was still watching Draco until he looked back at me. He slowly put two fingers in his mouth that were dripping with juice from the apple, and sucked it off, maintaining our eye contact, his eyes glinting playfully. I could feel my cheeks flush bright red. His rings glinted on his fingers as he pulled his fingers out of his mouth and licked his lips, smirking at me. Lord almighty.

It took all my energy to tear my eyes away from him. Thank godric nobody else noticed. I could feel my heart pounding erratically, and I quietly tried to control my breaths. We haven't said a word to eachother in months and this is how he breaks the ice? Butterflies shot through my stomach. Nicely played, Malfoy, nicely played.

'-and that's how it's made. Now...can anyone tell me what this potion in front of us is?'

I tuned back into what Snape was talking about, completely oblivious to what was going on. I had no idea what potion that was, but everyone was leaning in to smell it. I did the same but I couldn't smell it over Draco's dumb cologne. Why was he wearing so much today? It was stinking up the whole room and making me lightheaded.

'Nobody can tell me what it is?' Snape looked around the class in disappointed frustration. 'It's amortentia. The most powerful love potion.'

Now that would be handy to carry around in my handbag.