chapter 3 - lessons for all

Layla's POV

"So what do you think of the ducks?" I questioned Scooter. "Think they deserve a little schooling? Show them what happens to arrogance at Eden Hall?"

"I definitely think they are arrogant," Scooter said slowly, "and I definitely think they need to dial it back a little. So yes. We can teach them a lesson. But, if it starts hurting them I'm done."

"Me too. I want to help Riley but I don't want to hurt the ducks so this seems like a good compromise. This way maybe you can get to know that one blonde girl you couldn't stop staring at. Yes Scooter, I noticed."

"Um- uh well uh you uh I saw that tall blonde boy looking at you."

"If you didn't notice he saved me from having to answer dumb questions. And on an unrelated note practice starts soon let's hurry." We quickened our pace as we started down the hallway to the rink. I was in such a hurry that I almost ran past the locker room before Scooter stopped me. As soon as we were inside I saw Riley waiting for us. I gave him a quick hug before starting to change for practice,

"So how did it go?" he asked me and Scooter. "Did you find anything out? Anything important?" he added sensing that I was about to say something dumb about Scooter.

"Yes actually," I replied, "they're very arrogant so I think we can use that. We can teach them a lesson to make them less cocky but it won't hurt them that much. Cause I'm sorry Rye but I don't wish to see their destruction."

I get it Lays," he answered me. "It's not that I want to me mean to them I just have to protect my spot and if my dad found out we were going easy on them he would make them the varsity team to teach me a lesson. I like your idea. We'll do that." Riley then turned and walked out the locker room door onto the rink. Scooter and I looked at each other then started making our way out onto the ice.

"Hey Scooter," I said quietly. "Do you think Rye really means that? Do you think he'll actually stick to only making them less arrogant?"

"Here's the thing Lays. I want to tell you yes 100%. But the truth is he could take it too far. I think he'll try to dial it back for you but ultimately you have to keep him in check so he doesn't hurt them. He'll listen to you Layla. Don't stress too much. C'mon. We have a scrimmage to win."

author's note: thank you for reading please vote and comment so i know if you like it. also if you have any suggestions please let me know. the drama starts soon!