To Reality

YOURA

I rush to him, talking so fast he has to slow me down.

"You can be real, Yoongi." I gasp, turning my head side to side. "You can be real. You could actually be—"

"Who told you that?"

He sounds not kind.

At my confused expression, his tone softens down a bit more. His features relax— but they'd been so tense just a second ago.

"I'm sorry, kitten. Who told you that?"

"T-Taehyung and Jungkook." I start again, my words getting faster. "Jungkook's actually Taehyung's dream. He can be both his reality and in his sleep."

I look up hopefully.

"So maybe I thought you could be, too..."

"I'm sorry."

He looks away. "Youra. I can't. Jungkook's probably a different case, to choose to do that. I—"

He stops.

Choose.

He'd made a mistake, and his eyes flash when he realizes that I'd caught on. I wasn't stupid, and he knew that the best.

I swallow.

"So you won't choose to be with me?"

He curses. "That's not what I mean. I'm only your dream— I can't be your reality. Just accept this, please."

I don't understand.

"Just tell me that you don't want to be around me."

I squeeze my eyes shut, to get back awake. I didn't want to talk to him anymore. Because if I did, I might just start crying like a little baby and I didn't want to do that right now.

"You're not leaving."

He holds me back. He prevents me from waking up.

"I don't. I just don't understand." I whisper to his dark eyes. "If there's something I don't know, just tell me."

He stays silent, icelike gaze pushed downwards.

My heart hurts.

"Then just let me leave."

But it still hurts— much much more than I thought it would when his fingers loosen around my hand.

He really let me go.

_________________________

"Stupid idiot." I mutter angrily as I pick up the digital clock on my nightstand. Then I think better, and just throw one of my stuffies to the wall.

I bury my face in my hands, my other wrist hurting.

"Idiot, idiot. Why did you let me go."

Sniffling, I sip down another cup of coffee even though I hate— hate the bitter taste. But it's the only thing that'll keep me awake.

My parents, yelling again.

I only hear divorce.

Finally, the tears break and I grab another stuffed animal from my bed. Then I throw it against the wall, my eyes getting wide with anger.

I'm having a tantrum.

Yoongi had always called me a child— because he knew. My mental age was lower than average, almost like a ten year old.