Chapter 2

The next day at school Kylee eats her lunch while reading a book

The next day at school Kylee eats her lunch while reading a book.Suddenly, someone sits across from her. Looking up from her page she sees Lucas smiling at her. 

"What are you doing here?" Kylee asks. 

"I'm sitting here to eat lunch," replies Lucas. Kylee rolls her eyes. 

"Why are you sitting here? I told you that if you want to make friends then you stay away from me" 

"You were alone and there is nowhere else for me to sit."

Kylee looks around the cafeteria and sees that most of the tables were filled. Most. 

"Riley's table has an empty seat. After an afternoon with them, all of you guys will be best buds" With that, Kylee grabs her lunch and her book and heads off to the school library. Lucas sighs and decides to walk over to the recommended group.

Kylee sits in a dimly lightened corner of the library where nobody visits located in the history section. Reading the pages filled with words Kylee is teleported into the fantasy world. She flips the page over and over while occasionally taking a bite of her food. 

A few chapters in, Kylee is interrupted by the bell. With a sigh, Kylee grabs her stuff, throws her food away, and heads to class. 

Entering history class, Kylee sits in her seat and leans back in her chair. 

"Ok so...today we are going to find out if anybody here believes in something so strongly they'd fight for it" Mr.Matthews begins his lecture. 

Kylee zones him out and turns towards Brenda. "B, wake me up if anything good happens" 

Brenda smiles slightly in amusement and nods her head. Kylee closes her eyes and dozes off. 

Kylee is shaken awake by Brenda. Kylee rubs her eyes and looks up to see Maya standing on the desk. 

"No homework, more freedom!" the blonde shouts. Kylee watches as she raises a sprinkler right about the sprinkler. The sprinkler activates and immediately water starts soaking Kylee's hair, clothes, and backpack. The fire alarm blasts as Kylee gets up from her desk and leaves the classroom. She runs down the hall and outside through the front doors to escape the madness that is about to happen. 

Walking down the sidewalk, Kylee grimaces as her shoes squeak. This continues until Kylee makes it to her front door. She rummages through her bag until she finds her keys. Pulling them out she unlocks the door and walks inside. A sigh escapes her lips as she drops her bag onto the floor and walks into her room. Flipping the switch, the ceiling light turns on. 

Kylee peels off her damp clothing as they faintly dried on the walk home and hops into the shower. After the shower in the middle of changing into her cozy pajamas, the home phone rings. Hopping to put on her pajama pants she rushes to the home phone and sees it is from an unknown number. 

She answers it. "Hello" 

"Hi, is this Kylee?" Lucas's voice says through the speaker. 

"Um yes. Friar, how did you get my number?" Kylee asks confused. 

"The school gave it to me. I told them that I had a question about history homework and you were my only friend" 

Kylee sighs. "We aren't friends Friar," 

"What a shame. Anyways, Riley is getting her first subway pass so she and her friends, me included are meeting at the Subway and I am now extending my invitation to you,"

"No," 

"Come on Kylee. I'll buy you ice cream.." Lucas provokes.   

Kylee sighs again as she ponders her choices. Stay here in this empty house, or leave and get free ice cream. She makes her decision. 

"Fine, but I'm staying in my pajamas." Kylee can almost see his smirk. 

"Great, see you then," Lucas says and hangs up before she can change her mind. 

And that is how Kylee Johnson ended up at the subway station in her cookie monster pants and a hoodie.  

Kylee stands next to Lucas and Farkle as Mr.Matthews starts his 'speech'. 

"Friends, family...and all you other subterranean mole people.  We are here today to celebrate Riley being Riley." he begins. "Now some people may call this a New York City subway pass. But you Riley, can consider this a ticket to the world,"

Kylee rolls her eyes at the cheesy statement. 

"You think I'm ready?" Riley asks. 

"You've showed us you are" Riley mom states. Kylee takes a step closer to Lucas as people run pass her trying to not miss their train. 

"Riley, I've already met the world. It's your turn" Mr.Matthews hands Riley the subway pass and smiles. Lucas taps Kylee's shoulder and walks a few feet away from the small group. 

"Hey, this isn't so different from Texas," Lucas announces. "Look, there's a pony" 

Farkle and Kylee walk up next to Lucas and look to where he pointed. "That's a rat,"

Farkle looks up and notices Kylee for the first time. "Lady," he flirts. 

"Farkle" she says with a bored tone. 

"Lucas, the girl knows my name" Farkle 'whispers' in adoration. 

Lucas chuckles. "Farkle this is Kylee Johnson" 

"Nice to meet you," Kylee looks at Lucas. "I believe you promised me ice cream" 

Lucas laughs. "That I did" his southern accent is shown slightly. "Farkle, you want to join us?" 

Farkle agrees and the three middle school students go get ice cream. 

A/N; I'm rewatching the show while writing this and the clothes Disney Channel gave these kids are horrible. Riley is wearing anolive green jacket with an ankle length red plaid skirt. Like what? And everyone is wearing so many layers . Anyways...hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment and follow for updates.