"I promise, he's ok." Kai said reassuringly.

Kai's smile made Soobin feel a little better, "He called me this morning and asked if I could walk to two home, so I'll meet you guys at your last class."

Taehyun rolled his eyes, "Why does he treat us like we're seven years old again?"

"Because he loves you guys... He talks about you a lot."

Taehyun's tone softened, "Really?"

"Yeah, of course... Can't get enough of his two little brothers."

Taehyun tried to play it off cool, "Y-Yeah... That's cool."

"He was kinda weird on the phone, though."

Kai furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know... He just seemed sad about something."

"He just gets ummm... What's the right word?... Emotional, I guess, when he's sick."

"And sensitive as hell... You can't even joke around him." Taehyun added.

Soobin was confused, "Really?"

"Yeah... I don't know what happens to him when he gets sick... Like, you know how he usually has an impenetrable brick wall in front of his emotions?"

"Yeah, sorta."

"Well now, instead of a brick wall, it's a delicate little flower that loses petals when you touch it... Trust me."

"He didn't seem that bad on the phone."

"You haven't lived with him." Taehyun said, knowing all too well what Yeonjun is like when he's sick.

Kai rolled his eyes, "Anyways... What's gonna happen if Jungmin bothers us?"

Soobin's eyes widened, he hadn't thought about that at all, "Ummm... L-Let's just not think about it, ok?"

"Hyung, I'll take care of it, don't worry." Beomgyu said.

"Oh, Beomgyu-ah, you don't have t—"

"It's ok, I promise. I got it."

Soobin sighed before going silent. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

. . . . .

The four of them were chatting away and eating their lunch when their worst fear happened: Jungmin came over to their table and Yeonjun wasn't there.

"Hey, ladies... How—"

"Don't even start... Just leave us alone." Beomgyu said, cutting Jungmin off in the process.

"Well, I guess someone has to take the lead when new kid isn't here. Kind of a down-grade."

"Excuse me?"

Jungmin looked over at Soobin, "Soobin, must be scared that your boy toy isn't here to protect you."

"Leave him alone." Beomgyu said firmly.

"C'mon, Soobin... Say something."

Beomgyu stood up, "Leave. Him. Alone."

Jungmin laughed, "What're you? Their bodyguard? I'm not allowed to have a conversation?"

"I don't give a shit... Walk away."

"Think you're a big man because you're standing up for these losers. I mean, the two little ones over there look like lost kittens. Fucking pathetic... Oh, and that's right, you can't even read. What're you gonna do, you illiterate piece of shit? Do you even know what that means or do you need me to explain it?"