chapter 27

"Oh my god, Junie!!!" Soobin said as Yeonjun ran over to him.

Yeonjun ran over to his boyfriend standing on the bleachers and hugged him tight.

Soobin whispered in his ear, "I'm so proud of you."

Yeonjun pulled away, grabbing Soobin's cheeks and pulling him closer to give him a kiss, "I love you... Thank you for coming."

"Wouldn't have missed it for the world... I love you too." Soobin said before giving Yeonjun another kiss.

"Yeonjun?" Mr. Choi said as he moved closer to Yeonjun and Soobin.

"Yeah, dad?"

"They wanna interview you."

"Really?"

"Yeah... They're right over there." Mr. Choi said as he pointed over towards three people, looking like journalists.

"Ok... I'll be right back." Yeonjun said with a smile as he walked over to the interviewers.

"Choi Yeonjun! Hi... Is it alright if we ask you a few questions?"

"Yeah, of course."

"How do you feel? You just won the seventh round of Nationals!"

Yeonjun smiled wide, "I-I ummm... It's kinda surreal right now. I think I'll finally figure it out tomorrow."

"How have you managed to win every single round so far in the competition?"

"I just take it one match at a time. And I can't thank my sabom enough for everything he's taught me."

"Well, you are definitely the favorite to win going into the next round of competition, Yeonjun. What's your strategy for the eighth round?"

"I feel like everything's been going really smoothly so far. I think I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing."

"Now I have to ask... Who's that boy?"

Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows, "Who?"

"The one you went over to after the competition."

"Oh... He's my boyfriend." Yeonjun said as he looked over at Soobin, who was smiling at him while standing next to his brothers.

"You're gay?"

"I ummm... I don't really wanna talk about my sexuality."

"What's his name?"

"Oh ummm... He's more of a private person... I don't think he'd feel comfortable giving you that info."

"What school do you go to? Do both of you go to the same school?"

"I umm... I'm not gonna answer that..." Yeonjun needed to get out, "Umm... I'm sorry, I have to go."

"Wait... We still have a few more questions."

"I have to go... I'm sorry... Have a nice day." Yeonjun said quickly and hurried back over to his family.

Soobin noticed Yeonjun's smile had faded as he rushed over to them, "Hey, what's wrong, Jun?"

"C-Can we get out of here?"

"Yeonjunie? What happened?" Kai asked.

"I-I'll tell you in the car... Please can we leave?"

"Y-Yeah." Soobin said and grabbed his hand.

"Kai... Can you grab the keys and get mom and dad?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the car." Kai said quickly and went to find their parents.

Yeonjun dragged Soobin outside as the same journalists tried to ask him questions. They made it to the car and needed to wait for Kai as a camera was shoved in their faces.