chapter 11

Yeonjun carried Soobin's bag to their last class of the day: writing. Soobin sat down and instantly started to rub his temples. Yeonjun went over to Soobin's desk and rubbed his back, whispering to Soobin, "Just rest your head, ok? I'll take notes for you."

"Thank you." Soobin replied as he rested his head in his arms.

Five minutes into the class, Jimin noticed that Soobin hadn't picked his head up since class started and said, "Choi Soobin? Please pick your head up."

Yeonjun looked over to Soobin, who didn't move because he had already fallen asleep. When he didn't get an answer back, Jimin moved closer to his desk, "Choi Soobin?"

Jimin was about to tap Soobin's shoulder, but Yeonjun quickly said, "M-Mr. Park..." causing him to turn towards Yeonjun, "H-He has a concussion... Please, let him sleep."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, "Concussion? When did this happen?"

Yeonjun sighed and whispered, "Th-This morning..."

Jimin looked back at Soobin, now noticing the fresh bruises on his face. His eyes widened as he looked back at Yeonjun and whispered, "Did someone do that to him?"

Yeonjun noticed everyone in the class was staring at him, including Jungmin. He quickly ripped off a little piece of paper and scribbled down: Jungmin hit him. Yeonjun handed the folded piece of paper to his teacher and Jimin read it with wide eyes.

Jimin quietly went back to the front of the class and picked up the phone on the wall without saying a word. He dialed an extension and said, "Hey, Namjoon... Have you heard anything about a fight happening this morning?... O-Ok, well I think one of my students needs to go to the nurse... Choi Soobin... Really?... Can you do me a favor and watch my students for me while I try to figure this out?... You're the best, thank you... Ok, bye."

(A/N: idk about you guys, but in my school, all of the classrooms have wall phones if the teacher needs to call the nurse, or the main office, or another teacher, or whatever. just in case you were confused lol... ok, back to the story)

Jimin hung up the phone and dialed another extension, "Hey, Lisa... I'm good. Can you forward me to Helen's office please?... Thank you so much... You too..." Namjoon knocked on the door to the classroom and Jimin opened it while keeping the phone attached to his ear, "Hi, this is Park Jimin... I'm good, how are you?... Well, I need to bring one of my students to your office to sort something out... Yes... Yeah, I have Kim Namjoon here to watch them... Ok, thank you... Yeah, I'll come right now... Thank you, bye."

Jimin hung up the phone and turned to his class, staring directly at Jungmin, "Yang Jungmin, come with me please."

Jungmin scoffed and said, "What? I'm not going to the principal's office. I didn't do anything."

"Would you rather have her come here and talk to you in front of the whole class?"

Jungmin huffed and hesitated before getting up. Jimin quickly said, "Read through the chapter we were just focusing on and be respectful to Mr. Kim." before going out of the classroom with Jungmin.

It was silent for a moment and everyone went back to trying to focus on the chapter they were working on. Yeonjun couldn't focus on anything other than Soobin and kept glancing over at him while he continued to sleep. Namjoon noticed Soobin in the back corner resting his head in his arms. He sighed, knowing Soobin was such a good kid... Jin tells him every night he works with Soobin.

Jimin came back into the classroom about ten minutes later by himself. Everyone stared at him as he silently made his way to the back corner of the class. He crouched down next to Soobin's desk and rubbed his back to wake him up.