This is In the Shadows Rewritten

IN THE SHADOWS SERIES

Book 1 - In the Shadows
Book 2 - Out of the Light
Book 3 - Waiting in Darkness
Book 4 - In the Night

THE ULTIMATE SERIES

Book 1 - Feral For Her Freedom
Book 2 - Rabid For Her Revenge 

OTHER STORIES

That Which Defines Us

... ... ...

So I've decided to re-write this story for several reasons. (could contain spoilers)

1) I wanted there to be more diversity. I realize I did write this story when I was like fifteen so there is that but with everything happening these days I've noticed just how deep social injustice goes. Basically everyone in the old version was white and not only is it unrealistic but I think that the only way to overcome this subconscious habit is to check myself and fix it. I apologize for my single mindedness. It was not my intention to exclude any group of people. I also want to thank people for not being nasty about it and letting me come to this realization on my own and make the decision to change it without being pressured.

2) The old version was kinda all over the place and kept looping in a circle which some readers pointed out and when I re-read it myself, I also grew bored and the repetitiveness turned me off.

3) My characters needed deeper developing. I felt as though too many characters were too alike from behavior to ideals to making the same mistakes.

4) There was too much negativity. I know that some people loved the tragedy ending because it made it unique and different. Fear not there will still be plenty of drama but I want to give Cleo and Hakota more time to develop a relationship with each other in which they aren't always at odds.

5) I needed to get my timeline and history together. I found that I contradicted myself throughout the stories so I'm gonna fix that.

6) I really wanted to give Cleo a deeper beginning. I don't want her to come off as childish and immature. I wanted to show my readers why Cleo is so distraught in the choice between her pack and mate.

7) The other lycan members need more screen time!!!

8) Let's be honest, everyone wanted more steaminess so I'm gonna give you that this time around. You're welcome. This story will be rated mature but I will keep the old version up for those who feel uncomfortable with that.

9) I don't want my story to be a weird mix of modern times yet not. So we are going to venture back in time before stoves, showers, and t-shirts. Think more viking setting. Furs and leather, log cabins and man powered boats.

10) I made a new cover for the series so...I had to use it but I like the other ones too much to just replace them.

So there, ten really good reasons for why I am doing this.

One last thing, I've put up the first five chapters. I will not update again until I have finished the first arc of this story. Then I will publish each entire arc (about ten chapters) at a time afterwards.

(DON'T READ BEYOND THIS POINT UNLESS YOU READ THE OLD VERSION BECAUSE THERE ARE SPOILERS! JUST GO TO CHAPTER ONE)

The arcs of this story are as follows:

arc 1 - Cleo's time at her birth pack until she finds her beast

arc 2 - Cleo training under Coda's guidance until she becomes nearly as strong as Coda.